LegacyGT.com

Check Engine Light

Yes, I know I need a service appt., and I will get one, but I want to see some opinions on this....Yesterday, for the first time, the check engine light comes on and stays on. At the same time, the green cruise control light flashes continually. My wife says nothing new in the routine such as gas cap, etc. What do you folks think could be the cause? Car is '05 Legacy Limited 2.5 auto, NON TURBO. 1500 miles on ticker.

I had a fault traced to a loose gas cap which didn't set off the light until the tank was down to less than half full three days after the last fuel stop. The only way to tell is to read the trouble code. Regarding the flashing cruise light, the dealer says the cruise is disabled whenever a trouble code sets off the check engine light. Don't know...never use the cruise.

I had the same experience as bluesuby....and the service manager confirmed that the cruise light will always flash when there is a CEL. Your cruise control will become disabled when there is a CEL. BTW, if the CEL is flashing, the car should not be driven (as long as it is NOT flashing, it can be driven)...or so I am told by the service manager..

05 SWP Legacy GT Limited (aka "Pearl")- 5MT AP - Stage 2 Protuned (238/284) - wife driven

07 BMW 335xi

Archived