LegacyGT.com

Auto-dimming mirror

Gummi

Does anyone know where I can get an auto-dimming mirror for an 05 Legacy 2.5i? I know you can get them on ebay (etc.) but I want something that's decent quality, works well, as well as has a compass built into it. Thanks.

Nothing's wrong with it. It's fine - it's a mirror. I just think that having a compass would be a neat thing as well as a auto-dim feature. Could be a waste of money....but I'd at least like to have a neat little compass.

I believe he was asking about getting the OEM unit. My car has the OEM auto-dimming mirror with compass. You can get it from the Subaru parts department if your car did not come with one. There was also a unit with home-link plus the above that was slated for release later, which might be out now.

Thanks from the help. From the guys who have them - do you think it's worth it? I have never had a compass and think that it would be helpful since I have to navigate the city and different areas for work - but what about the autodim feature?

As someone who has trouble with lights at night, the auto-dimming feature comes in handy. My windows are now tinted to help reduce the the glare all around. The compass comes in handy for those times when you are in an unfamiliar place and need to figure out which way to head for the nearest highway.

Archived