LegacyGT.com

Subarus...

Well because I am having so many problems w/ my baja...like today it wouldn't start again...don't know what's wrong yet, but this will be the second new battery in under a year because it was cold out this morning 14 f. I'm just starting to worry that the legacy gt wouldn't be a good replacement either, is anyone seeing any kind of the same problems with the legacy anywhere?

I'd have to point my finger at the battery and not the car. Nothing in the car has any bearing on the battery's ability to hold a charge in cold weather.

unless something in the car isnt turning off and is causing a constant drain on the battery.

Consumer Reports reports that the reliability of the Baja is very low in comparasin with the rest of Subaru's lineup....

Even with the couple rattles i have had and the fact that I had to have a new CPU installed I fully expect this vehicle to be an excellent long term performer...

BTW what ever made you buy a vehicle that looks like that anyway ????

:):):)

Parousia

• 3 weeks later...
The stock battery amp rating is sorry ass weak. So in very cold weather (you said 14 F) is is taxed. May want to look into a aftermarket higher amp battery. Its warming up around here now by when it was single digits this winter it turned over like my '70 dart slant 6 . I think they skimped on the battery. BTW they will sell you a battery warmer too.

Consumer Reports reports that the reliability of the Baja is very low in comparasin with the rest of Subaru's lineup....

Where is the Baja made? It's not listed on the SOJ site so I assume it's not available in Asia and most countries.

This Space For Rent

Archived