LegacyGT.com

Dealers that make me go hmmmm...

bravonoj

I made an appointment at Cherry Hill Subaru today...I went there a while back because the subwoofer in my 09 HK system developed a bad rattle (POS)...so they replaced it after I had got them to compare it to another new car. Alright. Fine. The other day, I notice that the rattle is back, so I made an appointment for this morning to get it checked out - loose bolt, whatever, I just want the damn rattling to stop. Then I notice that it is backwards and the grille is on wrong. Definately something wierd here.

Get there at 9 for my 9:15 appt, service guy looks at me like "yeah, right...we're gonna take care of this RIGHT away...". Mind you he was the one who thought I was crazy for wanting the subwoofer fixed before.

Test drove Forester and OB for my wife's parents while I "waited". 2009 Forester Limited, and 2010 OB Fresh off the truck. (I liked the OB, a little tribeca-y but OK except for the folding mirrors. Deal breaker.)

However, when we returned from driving the forester, I asked the sales person to look at an outback - he says OK, and walks over to the TRIBECA in the showroom and starts telling me about the 4cyl boxer turbo engine when another sales guy yells, "that's a tribeca". Right. If any dealers are out there, Please teach your sales staff about the vehicles before they make a fool of themselves in front of the customer. Oh yeah, between the Forester and OB, he lost the keys for the Forester. THAT was a fiasco.:spin:

Shot the shit with some other salespeople there and at 11:30 I noticed that my car had not moved in 2 1/2 hours. I asked the service manager what the timeframe was looking like for getting looked at? Service manager tells me noon. I said, "But you close at noon". "Well, you'll have to reschedule then for next week"... with a face like a deer in headlights...I said, "that's OK, I will go to my own dealer next time, thanks anyways" and left.

WOW This dealer is FULL of fail. All over the place. Sales is not too knowledgeable of the cars they SELL, and generally just seemed rude all over. I just wanted to get my rear deck looked at to make sure it was all back the way it should be. He tried to get me to change oil almost 700 miles early, i know its not that big of a deal, but I sort of knew I would go to the end of the line when I said no to the oil change. I have coupons for free ones (part of the sale agreement), so why pay?

Also thought someone might be amused as I was at the following (sorry for the crappy BB Pics):

Sign advertising a 2.5i Legacy:

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x120/bravonoj/r30_25i.jpg

The actual car they were showing with this sign under the wheel:

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x120/bravonoj/30rback.jpg

When curiosity got the best of me about it - "Oh, no that's the same car". right.:eek:

SOA could do better for the dealership closest to their US Headquarters (shouldn't this be a flagship store?) than this. Please research your dealer before you choose. There are too many horror stories out there.

This dealer even suggested my father in law use the bulk of his social security check to finance the Forester! :confused::eek:

Nope - I have yet to "feel the love" from that place. Add to that the fact that my dealership (Matt Slap Subaru in Newark, Delaware) is one of their rivals (or so I got that feeling)

If they would trade my 2.5i for a 3.0R, I would do it in a heartbeat!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived