LegacyGT.com

Keep'em comin S2000 added to list

I had just finished up the intake silencer removal and had the car out to hear how it sounded. (posted a thread in perf. mods forum). I come up on a very aggressive and willing driver in an S2000. Great!!! Lights and traffic so we keep goin till things clear out about 1 mile up the road. We go from about 30mph roll I put about a car on him to 80mph. Clearly pulled on the Honda. He comes back up along side me and I tell him to go to a nice long empty stretch of road that is perfect for playin and we will go from a dig.

He says no problem off we go we line'em up and go from a dig with me leaving at about 5Krpm and he spins a bit. Needless to say an asskickin insued. I tell him we can go again this time I lighten up on the launch to 3500. It must have been the way I released the clutch but the car fell off a bit on initial release. Enough that I felt my body lurch forward a sec then she came on. Having said this we were dead even on the launch no advantage for the awd to speak of. This was now a race from 8mph or so and again the LGT pulls him a good car and a half ,2 cars.

At about 90 mph I saw the Honda barely starting to make up a bit of real estate and I let off at 100. No way at all this car would beat me in the 1/4. If I had to guess I would say he would creep by me at 110-115mph on my speedo.It was very clear to me the LGT will pull this S2000 from any speed below 85mph or so. The guy was humble and admitted he did not think my car would pull him. This car is alot of fun and my kill list grows again. When I get taken down i'll post it here but till then..........vrrooom

I need to add this was a model year 2000 Honda. The new model is a 2.2 liter motor rather than the 2.0 but according to the Honda specs it adds zero hp and 9ft lbs of torque. So I would not think there would be a large difference in performance with a brand new one.

Yep, good one. Pretty much confirms what I'd think with our far superior torque and mid-range. Yes, those cars have aggressive gearing that can somewhat make up for their torqueless motors, but still...

(although I have to admit that I love the sound of a S2k that's "on the VTEC" at about 8k)

I had just finished up the intake silencer removal and had the car out to hear how it sounded. (posted a thread in perf. mods forum). I come up on a very aggressive and willing driver in an S2000. Great!!! Lights and traffic so we keep goin till things clear out about 1 mile up the road. We go from about 30mph roll I put about a car on him to 80mph. Clearly pulled on the Honda. He comes back up along side me and I tell him to go to a nice long empty stretch of road that is perfect for playin and we will go from a dig.

He says no problem off we go we line'em up and go from a dig with me leaving at about 5Krpm and he spins a bit. Needless to say an asskickin insued. I tell him we can go again this time I lighten up on the launch to 3500. It must have been the way I released the clutch but the car fell off a bit on initial release. Enough that I felt my body lurch forward a sec then she came on. Having said this we were dead even on the launch no advantage for the awd to speak of. This was now a race from 8mph or so and again the LGT pulls him a good car and a half ,2 cars.

At about 90 mph I saw the Honda barely starting to make up a bit of real estate and I let off at 100. No way at all this car would beat me in the 1/4. If I had to guess I would say he would creep by me at 110-115mph on my speedo.It was very clear to me the LGT will pull this S2000 from any speed below 85mph or so. The guy was humble and admitted he did not think my car would pull him. This car is alot of fun and my kill list grows again. When I get taken down i'll post it here but till then..........vrrooom

do you have any mods?

perhaps we should add a car "tic" symbol in the side of our cars like the old jet fighters did when we "kill" a car:lol:
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Archived