LegacyGT.com

Looking to make rhd out of lhd

Here's the difference between people who can pull this off, and you.

People who can pull this off: They don't come onto a forum and simply ask, "Tell me how to make my car the way I want it." They have the bank, at least 5 figures. The first number being at least a 2. They've researched and consulted with professionals. Their end project will be worth more than the sum of the parts and labor.

You: Have no idea what you are doing. Couldn't afford to do it properly even if you spread the project over 3 years, which is how long it will probably take anyways. Will end up with a car that will never be street legal, will be slower then the car the engine came from, and will be worth less than the gas in the tank.

:lol::lol::lol:

Wow, you guys are worse than I am...I don't think calling the kid out for his age is needed, and I really doubt his parents are backing this financially (at least not knowing what the end result is).

I was only trying to help when I called you out on your poor sentence structure, that's all we have and need to be able to figure out that you are "young" and need to do more research so that you ask very specific questions.

Again, good luck and I would consider putting more time into research-only very specific sources, not on LGT where the vast majority have no experience doing this sort of thing.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whats the point of a forum if you cant call out...the lesser qualities...of someone? At least once in a while.

Normally I completely agree with calling people out as I see it and I think I did in my posts.

I think his age is pretty apparent by his posts and I didn't want juniors' feelings to get hurt :lol:

I've seen the OP's same post on forums many times before. It's always some 15 year old kid who's going to get his driver's license next year and his dad is going to help him with a project car so he'll have something to drive when he gets his license.

Only one time have I seen this pulled off. Someone dropped a 2004 STI power train in a GC body ('00 coupe?) and did a WHOLE ton of work including a new dash.

Difference was, this kid just DID it, then posted the results. It was pretty impressive, and mildly sickening ... because I can't imagine how a kid afforded to do all that! :lol:

Yes, I was jealous.

But that's not an unheard of or uncommon swap. I've been toying with the idea of a turbo swapped 2.5rs.

The OP's problem is his hard on for a RHD car. Then he wants to put in an engine that was never all that impressive to begin with. And he wants to source most of it from overseas.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

As much fun as you guys are having I hope you are enjoying. Have been on forums for years and have done my share of flaming. If it helps I'm not "junior" or some kid. I am 26 and lived on my own for a long time. Also I have a very good job which over the last few years has enabled me take on such projects as the one I indicated in OP. I apologize if maturity and ambition run shallow here but you'll all learn as you get older that there is no such thing as a stupid question when seeking knowledge. Say what you want about me or my idea; call me names and so on it doesn't matter. With or without some tips from you guys ill still have a great time working on this project. Thanks all.

Oh ithink you have me mistaken for a regular asshole who talks a big game and doesnt deliver but like i said rhd is a lil much but the swap is def gonna go down
Posteriquote.

Many associate poor spelling, grammar, punctuation, and civility with lack of intelligence and maturity.

"AND PLEASE DON'T RESPOND TO THIS POST IF YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE A STUPID COMMENT." :lol:Which guarantees comments......

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Guest heightsgtltd

Well we did go from the thread title "looking to make RHD out of LHD" to "rhd is a lil much but the swap is definitely going down"

Talk about bait and switch :lol:

As much fun as you guys are having I hope you are enjoying. Have been on forums for years and have done my share of flaming. If it helps I'm not "junior" or some kid. I am 26 and lived on my own for a long time. Also I have a very good job which over the last few years has enabled me take on such projects as the one I indicated in OP. I apologize if maturity and ambition run shallow here but you'll all learn as you get older that there is no such thing as a stupid question when seeking knowledge. Say what you want about me or my idea; call me names and so on it doesn't matter. With or without some tips from you guys ill still have a great time working on this project. Thanks all.

All the sudden he's eloquent?......

Stop having your father post for you.

and also, i am far from swayed by the comments on here but thank you for putting time and effort into uploading pics and thinking up ways to attmpt to insult me. at least it shows me i can get a response albeit no the one i wanted.

Also, I am far from swayed by the comments on here. Thank you for putting time and effort into uploading pics and thinking up ways to attmpt to insult me. At least it shows me I can get a response, albeit not the one I wanted.

*fixed

You should avoid starting sentences with "and" and "but."

Your dad needs remedial english, dood.

Archived