LegacyGT.com

LGT vs G35 or altima se-r

Well obviously there are great performance differences in terms of handeling with the awd platform but rwd platforms and fwd platforms can handel just as well on dry or tarmat conditions.

basically i'm looking for a fun fast tuner friendly sedan. prefer a turbo or forced induction. the mazda speed line is total out as the mzr disi motor is total crap. people snap rods with just intakes on those cars. mercedes is out due to high insurance and redicously maintance costs.

basically it has come down to legacy gt or maybe a evo 8 but the legacy gt imho is a much nicer looking car and more of a sleeper look. as i don't. want to get pulled over every 5 mins here in socal for smog bs.

drove the legacy yesterday and was pretty pleased to be honest. but just want to be sure i'm getting the most for my money

Insurance on an evo will suck... Insurance on the Legacy is awesome.

The legacy has a lot of tuning options and it is made very well IMO... I'd go with a Subaru for all mid size sedans if your going with jap stuff... Pontiac G8 if I wanted pure muscle with a LOT of power potential, and european stuff is just too expensive for me atm.

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

basically i'm looking for a fun fast tuner friendly sedan.

Then the SE-R is out of the question. You will be limited to bolt-ons, your typical intake, exhaust and that's about it. There is a tune available from a couple places but you have to send your ECU in, it will cost you over 500 bucks and all you will get is an off-the-shelf, generic map. Not a good return on investment imho when for $150 for the Legacy you can have someone custom-tune your car. VAST difference. I owned a Nissan Altima before and I'm still on a couple of boards so trust me when I say there is NO comparison as far as modability goes between the SE-R and Legacy GT. To this day people bitch that outfits such as Cobb Tuning has not come out with an Accessport for the 3rd Gen Altima which has been on the market since late 2001. If it hasn't happened yet, it won't either. And to be honest (and I would catch a LOT of flame for this if we were on a Nissan board), the difference between an SE and SE-R trim is not that big. On the street they just about run neck to neck. Hell, I kept up with an automatic SE-R in my automatic SE. 245hp 4-speed autotragic (SE) vs 260hp 5-speed auto (SE-R).

basically it has come down to legacy gt or maybe a evo 8 but the legacy gt imho is a much nicer looking car and more of a sleeper look. as i don't. want to get pulled over every 5 mins here in socal for smog bs.

I personally wouldn't be looking at the EVO. Too much of an attention grabber, too much of a boy racer look (similar to the STi), you'll probably be revved at every light by every lame racer looking for his day of glory, insurance is going to suck, etc.

Yeah actually the evo 8 for an 03 isn't bad for insurance but so ugly. yeah subie makes nice cars. if i were to get american muscle i'd get a cts v servies. man gotta love ls6. but never been a big muscle guy.

I hear ya on that CTS-V... Test drove one a few months back and I'm still smiling from it. Honestly dont think that the legacy could ever get to where the CTS-V is, not just for power, but luxury and technology, etc.

I hear ya on that CTS-V... Test drove one a few months back and I'm still smiling from it. Honestly dont think that the legacy could ever get to where the CTS-V is, not just for power, but luxury and technology, etc.

I love the cts-v from all years. I almost bought one over my T/A as a second car but then decided that it was too pricey at the time and what did i need 4 doors for on a 2nd vehicle. Plus my trans am was faster and thats what i was going for. And i love t-tops

I love the cts-v from all years. I almost bought one over my T/A as a second car but then decided that it was too pricey at the time and what did i need 4 doors for on a 2nd vehicle. Plus my trans am was faster and thats what i was going for. And i love t-tops

While the older CTS-V's were nice... They dont even hold a candle to this new one... Its seriously a must see and more than a must drive... :)

While the older CTS-V's were nice... They dont even hold a candle to this new one... Its seriously a must see and more than a must drive... :)

Yep yep, I have seen them and sat in them but they probably wouldnt let me drive a new one. They would see that i was born in 1987 and just laugh at me im sure.:lol:

We used to use my friends dad to test drive expensive cars, 1 check of his credit and occupation(owns his own Psychologist buisness) and we were in. His son, my friend would go with him and i would be waiting down the street, he would then leave the car and do some work while we drove around. Best car we ever did that with was a viper

Yep yep, I have seen them and sat in them but they probably wouldnt let me drive a new one. They would see that i was born in 1987 and just laugh at me im sure.:lol:

We used to use my friends dad to test drive expensive cars, 1 check of his credit and occupation(owns his own Psychologist buisness) and we were in. His son, my friend would go with him and i would be waiting down the street, he would then leave the car and do some work while we drove around. Best car we ever did that with was a viper

I was born in 1985, they didnt ask for my drivers license, insurance, ssn, nothing... Just said, lets go... I was actually shocked outta my wits about that, but hey... Not gonna complain a bit :)

I was born in 1985, they didnt ask for my drivers license, insurance, ssn, nothing... Just said, lets go... I was actually shocked outta my wits about that, but hey... Not gonna complain a bit :)

I have never been to a dealer where they didnt ask for a drivers liscense before a test drive. Where the hell is this place!!!!!!!!!!!!!! texas?

I have never been to a dealer where they didnt ask for a drivers liscense before a test drive. Where the hell is this place!!!!!!!!!!!!!! texas?

lol... Yes actually... Down in Dallas none the less... Now, the strange thing is... I go to a Subaru dealer and they want my DL, Insurance, mothers maiden name, 8 major credit cards, a credit check, work history, blood sample, and my left arm... And that's just to test drive a dang legacy or impreza, the sti you actually have to buy before you test drive it...

Now, every other freaking dealership I've been to down here, chevrolet, ford, honda, cadillac, acura, infinity, whatever... They really dont seem to care all that much about that stuff, SOMETIMES they'll ask for a DL. But most of the time its like yep, here's the keys, lets go.

I've gotten to drive an 09 Duramax Diesel Silverado 2500HD LTZ, CTS-V, Infinity G35, G8 GT, and a mix of other nice cars... Hell, its almost fun enough to drive to dallas just for the test driving sometimes :)

Cars they wont let me drive... STi, Evo's, GT-R, and the exotics like ferrari, lambo, etc... Hell, they were even trying to get me to drive the Z06 vette... The ZR1 is off limits, but hey... :)

lol... Yes actually... Down in Dallas none the less... Now, the strange thing is... I go to a Subaru dealer and they want my DL, Insurance, mothers maiden name, 8 major credit cards, a credit check, work history, blood sample, and my left arm... And that's just to test drive a dang legacy or impreza, the sti you actually have to buy before you test drive it...

Now, every other freaking dealership I've been to down here, chevrolet, ford, honda, cadillac, acura, infinity, whatever... They really dont seem to care all that much about that stuff, SOMETIMES they'll ask for a DL. But most of the time its like yep, here's the keys, lets go.

I've gotten to drive an 09 Duramax Diesel Silverado 2500HD LTZ, CTS-V, Infinity G35, G8 GT, and a mix of other nice cars... Hell, its almost fun enough to drive to dallas just for the test driving sometimes :)

Cars they wont let me drive... STi, Evo's, GT-R, and the exotics like ferrari, lambo, etc... Hell, they were even trying to get me to drive the Z06 vette... The ZR1 is off limits, but hey... :)

I have driven a c6 z06, drive it!!!!!!!! I loved it, more than the viper.

I actually go to Texas a couple times a year. I was in Dallas for new years 3 years ago. Got arrested around 3 am, woke up and drove back to lake jackson.

Archived