LegacyGT.com

Did I make a good purchase or am I a straight up sucker?

Good advice to follow on ANY used car is pay a trusted mechanic to check it over before final purchase. This is especially true on an old car.

Good luck.

My luck ended up being good. but youre right, next time Ill know better then to trust someone in my family

Thats what all my research has also told me. The prior owner kept immaculate records and I inherited them when I purchased the car. Included was the FIRST owners records as well (I'm the third owner) and at 98,500 He had the head gasket, pump and belts replaced.

My BIL is a mechanic, so I lucked out on the second round of inspection upon bringing it home. At this point though, like i said earlier today, shes running 100% I couldn't be happier.

You should be in pretty good shape, then. One of our 97 OBW's was running well at 189,000 miles when sold: we did the head gaskets at 140K.

Wheel bearings go here and there, front axles often fail around 150K.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

You should be in pretty good shape, then. One of our 97 OBW's was running well at 189,000 miles when sold: we did the head gaskets at 140K.

Wheel bearings go here and there, front axles often fail around 150K.

Thanks man, Ill have to keep my eyes on the bearings and axles. Shes my first, so I'm a bit ignorant on what to expect so any help and advice is greatly appreciated.

All in all though, I think I made a great purchase. Even caught myself just staring at her during my lunch break. Cant wait to start trying out some of these mods ive found

So all in all how much did you end up paying for it?

Picked it up for $3500

+250 for new Toyo Tires

+50 for new harmonic balancer

+20 3M headlight restoration

grand total: $3820

So I still come out $130 on top

And Ill probably use that extra money for some some DIY mods

that does sounds really good actually. well enjoy.

Thanks man!

So far shes been one of the most fun rides of my life, with my first Audi being a VERY close second.

Im gonna drive her tell she wont run anymore, all the while taking the absolute best care of her as possible!

Heres to my first Subaru of many! (I hope!)

At this point though, like i said earlier today, shes running 100% I couldn't be happier.
I am glad to hear it! Welcome to the subie family! One of the reasons that I like subaru so much is because of the community... There are a bunch of great guys and gals on this site and pretty much anyone is willing to help you out... If the world was filled with just car enthusiast it would be a much better place! :lol:

I am glad to hear it! Welcome to the subie family! One of the reasons that I like subaru so much is because of the community... There are a bunch of great guys and gals on this site and pretty much anyone is willing to help you out... If the world was filled with just car enthusiast it would be a much better place! :lol:

Im happy to be a part of it, as youve been able to see over the last week :lol: Its nice to finally drive something I can be passionate about! Coming from a 2001 Corolla S to this is like...night and day!

Who knows, maybe Ill be meeting some one you one day?!

Archived