LegacyGT.com

Anyone use Dynatech "Split-Flow" Muffers?

HansGT

Don't know. I'll let you know how it sounds when I get it done. Right now I'm on the Perrin headers and a Borla, and it's not bad at all, but the Borla (only 2.5") is now a restriction since I've upgraded to a Dom 3.

Warren

^ I think you'll be glad you have the resonator. I've had the magnaflow for two years now and she's loud. It's been ok, because I'm usually never in the car for very long. But it gets to be too much for me, especially my wife, after 20-25 minutes. Maybe I'm just getting too old. :rolleyes:

Well, I had the Borla XR1 resonator welded in the Magnaflow, and swapped out my Borla for my new frankenstein exhaust. Since I put on the equal length headers, it's really only about as loud as stock exhaust manifold + DP & Borla. I'd say it actually idles a little quieter than that old combo.

I haven't had a chance to really open it up yet. Just painted it, and swapped the exhausts. Will give another review later this week.

Warren

When it comes to this topic i always wanted to install something like the VW GTI has, where at a certain pressure the mufflers get really loud, but at normal pressure its really quiet. anybody know where to get one of those besides stealing a GTI's mufflers and welding them on?

Archived