LegacyGT.com

Yep, 10.69@132 MPH 1/4 mile is moving!

It's nice to see that the GT-R has such an easy time of doing repeated 10s 1/4 mile runs. It will be interesting to see how fast these modded GT-R's can get. Can't wait for some of the bigger turbo upgrades to come to market.

AMS hasn't broke their transmission yet.

The only tuner that broke the GT-R transmission was "Samurai Speed". First time Samurai Speed detroyed first gear after +200 drag launches. Also, they had upgraded to the HKS GT570 kit at that time.

Then they rebuilt the gearbox with PPG gears.

After +100 launches at over 600WHP then deciding to use a 150 shot of nitrous, they broke the transmission again. Well, really they broke the flywheel housing.

The engine seems to be bullet proof though:lol:

My 08 Sti is backwards. Transmission rocks but the damn engine likes to blow pistons. Grrrrr. Amazing AWD car, the gtr is. Wish it didnt look so stupid though but I wouldnt turn down a 600whp AWD monster thats for sure.

"Frank", the owner of the car, mentions in that thread that he and AMS upgraded to LC2...I'm assuming this is a factory "patch" for the breaking trannys the GT-R is experiencing.

That is pretty sick though. And that is only stage 1 according to the owner.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

LC2 just is a revision of the the GT-R's launch control. Basically, the launch rpm is 1000-2000 rpm less then LC1. It makes a tenth of a difference in 0-60 times.

FWIW, I doubt that the revised LC is helping to keep together the transmission of a modded 600 WHP GT-R.

Minimal upgrades? They changed out the turbos. That isn't minimal in my book.

:rolleyes: meh, whatever makes them feel important and groundbreaking in the aftermarket... :lol:

when I saw that title "minimal upgrades" and then saw turbos, exhaust, intake tune, ic, injectors....wait a second...that's a smidge under stage 3 in our books!

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

My 08 Sti is backwards. Transmission rocks but the damn engine likes to blow pistons. Grrrrr. Amazing AWD car, the gtr is. Wish it didnt look so stupid though but I wouldnt turn down a 600whp AWD monster thats for sure.

GTR is sex. last year we took our friends to the track and ran 11.95 @ 121 STOCK. ya, pretty freaking impressive, especially when I have $10K into my STI and can only get it down to 12.57 @ 108 (which I did tonight before hitting boost cut).

We got an AP for the GTR on the way to see if we can't get the times down to mid 11's if we also slap on his 19's/slicks. I'd sell one of my kidney's for a GTR and after driving it at the last autox event, well... ya... he had to wipe the seat off after I was done. :lol:

and the AMS GTR, the ported and polished most everything, stock parts, just modded to flow a little better and a tune. I say that's pretty damn impressive!

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Grats on hitting 12.57, thats with a 20g and new motor right?

I want to upgrade to a turbo back and the whole shibang but worried my motor will fry :(

As far as the GTR goes.. I don't know, look wise it just doesn't do it for me. Price and performance, heck yes, but looks no thanks

Yeah too bad a quart of tranny fluid for that bitch is about $135.00...

a new transmission is about $18,000

I could go on. Sure it's an amazing car but even once it drops to $30,000 in a million years it's still going to cost a ton to even own. I'll take an R34 Instead thanks.

Archived