LegacyGT.com

StageII plus TMIC?

subaruski

Just put a Perrin TMIC on this afternoon. I'm Cobb Stage II with Avo drop in filter and a Cobb catless DP. Only hitting about 16.4psi. Does that seem right to everyone or maybe a little low. If I remember correctly it seemed a little higher, around 16.7psi, with out the TMIC. Any detrimental effects of not getting a protune with the TMIC? Cobb software runs rich enough to compensate for the added TMIC right?

Thanks for the help

16.4 sounds right for a stage 2. Generally a larger core would cause a slight pressure drop but I didn't think it would on a TMIC.I would log cobb's tune if I were you. My car really didn't like it and knocked in multiple places.

If you have reliable protune sources get one.

Ive seen more psi lost due to the tmic install so youre alright.

Im Stage II w/ Perrin TMIC and safley run 19psi on the protune. You should get the tune. More efficient tmic so take advantage of less heat soak.

datalog your car. When I went FMIC I got alot of knock before I got it tuned. Log your car to be safe.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Ok new problem.

I found the rubber ring that goes around the side that mounts to the turbo. Must of forgot about it when I first put the TMIC on. Took the TMIC off again and tried to put it back on. It really wouldn't seat well in the grove in the TMIC. Put on there the best I could.

Got the IC back on and now I'm only hitting around 15.5 PSI. Cant hear or feel any leaks...

Archived