LegacyGT.com

FWIW, I am at sea level and running 321 tq/ 262 WHP on a stage 2 tune. Catless UP/DP and TMIC...holding 18.5 lbs. of boost.

I was tuned on a dynopak with no correction.

you think the tmic plays a decent role?

when you say holding...to where? redline?

lets say i want the top end equal to the bottom end of the stage 1 tq

what would get me there?

I still don't understand what you're trying to accomplish...

I read that as, "let's say I want torque at 6800rpm equal to the peak torque that a stage 1 LGT has." Is that correct?

If not, can you restate "lets say I want..." using numbers for rpm, wtq, and whp?

you have a graph by chance?

i am talking about 245-250whp. 275 is much more than anticipated.

Here are my old 250 whp / 300 wtq on the same dyno that he did 275/335. The reason is boost. I am running 4 psi less than him.

1601303688_2005.Subaru.Legacy_GT.dyno_Mon_12_May.2008(Large).thumb.jpg.4d4745dd3b3f0777f4411190ff96ea65.jpg

18.5 to redline seems unlikely with a vf40

understood.

read tons of threads saying the same as you. thats why i asked.

either way...if i can get the stage 1 tq numbers at hp redline with stage 2 parts that is what i am after. looking for an even pull. i def do not want more tq than stge 1 through my 5eat.

I still don't understand what you're trying to accomplish...

I read that as, "let's say I want torque at 6800rpm equal to the peak torque that a stage 1 LGT has." Is that correct?

If not, can you restate "lets say I want..." using numbers for rpm, wtq, and whp?

im gonna use some numbers with no proof...

lets say stage 1 tq at 16 psi is 255ftlb at 3000rpm and stage 1 hp is 215 at 6500. i want 255ftlb tq at 3000 and 255hp at 6500. of course a little more hp wouldnt hurt. but mainly want that even pull.

that is all.

lets say stage 1 tq at 16 psi is 255ftlb at 3000rpm and stage 1 hp is 215 at 6500. i want 255ftlb tq at 3000 and 255hp at 6500. of course a little more hp wouldnt hurt. but mainly want that even pull.

that is all.

pretty soon ull want the stg 2 power of the low end in top end like me :spin:

that is all.

A stage 2 setup with reduced boost in the 3000-4000 range would do most of what you want, but 255hp at 6500 is at the upper end of what I've seen with stage 2.

After I did my UP/DP swap, I ran with 0% wastegate duty cycle for a while, and IIRC that left me with around 13psi peak boost. I'm now running 18.5 peak, tapering to about 12. You could get 16psi peak no problem, then hold that until the point where the VF40 needs to taper.

Next step up, to hold power to redline, would be an 18G. I don't know what torque/boost that would run at peak with zero wastegate but I'm guessing it could be in 255ish area. Then you just add wastegate to keep boost and torque from tapering. Have you looked at any 18G dyno plots? It's been a looong time since I have, but it seems plausible.

A stage 2 setup with reduced boost in the 3000-4000 range would do most of what you want, but 255hp at 6500 is at the upper end of what I've seen with stage 2.

After I did my UP/DP swap, I ran with 0% wastegate duty cycle for a while, and IIRC that left me with around 13psi peak boost. I'm now running 18.5 peak, tapering to about 12. You could get 16psi peak no problem, then hold that until the point where the VF40 needs to taper.

Next step up, to hold power to redline, would be an 18G. I don't know what torque/boost that would run at peak with zero wastegate but I'm guessing it could be in 255ish area. Then you just add wastegate to keep boost and torque from tapering. Have you looked at any 18G dyno plots? It's been a looong time since I have, but it seems plausible.

understood.

my stage 1 is def hitting 16psi and tapering to 12.5 at 6500. (datalog proven) stage 2 parts should open it up a bit.

didnt/dont want to swap turbos just want to maximize stock. am looking at d/p + tmic and a protune. have considered that a vf52 which may get me there a bit easier. as mentioned. would rather just max out the vf46. technically a vf40-18 would do it and more but with the 52 out though dunno.

im the back of my mind i want a bigger turbo but realistically i stage 1 doesnt feel "slow" to me yet. worst case scenerio i get the very next turbo upgrade and get stage 1 stock turbo tq and whatever i can top end.

lets say i want the top end equal to the bottom end of the stage 1 tq

what would get me there?

by a 25% loss i figure at 16 psi we are running close to 320ftlb crank tq. so theoretically 320+crank hp to the 6500 redline would even out the pull.

1st gear pulls hard then its obvious we have more bottom than top as we shift into second while going all out.

would a simple d/p and tmic do it? maybe a protune for good measure?

Who cares? Quit caring no one gives a rats ass what you think.

Very helpful :rolleyes:

he is just bitter cause i told him to quit post whoring and cross linking threads about nonsense like posting pics of the crap one carries in their car.

like we need 2 threads about that.

its the internet and some people treat it like its a camera to be on tv.

Archived