LegacyGT.com

Idea for painting exterior chrome...

specialB

I got my silver LGT and the chrome isnt cutting it for me. I was thinking about baking open the headlights and blacking the housings...but then i got a different idea poppin into my head.

http://www.duplicolor.com/products/metalcast.html

instead of blacking it out, why not just smoke the chrome? Then with that idea why not smoke all the chrome on the car (grill chrome, the spec b chrome trim under the doors, the taillights and whatever badges i leave on teh back of the car).

I have the windows tinted 20% all around and i think the darker chrome look would reallly be sweet.

I'm also looking at painting some chrome, well the grill at least, I don't mind the rocker strip. It looks like you need to use their Metalcast Ground Coat first on fake chrome painted surfaces. Give it a try and post pics!

2013 Ford Taurus SHO

2009 Spec.B SWP Stg 2+ Airboy tuned

2010 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 5.7

I think i'll mess with it today and bit and do the front grill or something and slowly make the rest of it the same. You dont need a ground coat thats just for painted surfaces you just need to use the adhesive promoter if im not mistaken

No I believe you need the adhesive promoter because its clear and it keeps the chrome color that is going to look smoked through the paint...The ground coat is like a primer, its gotta be like a chrome primer or something? How would there be any chrome to show through the paint. idk i need to look at it again

Archived