LegacyGT.com

Legacy GT SPT exhaust and factory hitch

CapnJack

In case anyone was wondering, you can install the SPT catback exhaust with the factory hitch installed on the car. There are no clearance issues what-so-ever.

Reason I posted this is because I've seen several sites that state it cannot be done. Everything fit like a dream. :spin:

Additional parts you may need for the exhaust during install are the donut gasket between the DP and Catback, new bolts, nuts and springs for the donut gasket joint (especially if you live where it snows and they salt the roads), and I would also recommend buying a new rubber hanger for the mid pipe as you may have to cut the old one off since Subaru used captive ends on the hanger brackets and the OEM rubber hanger is difficult to get off.

BTW - This is a 2007 Legacy GT 5MT with a Cobb catted DP

I can't say how it performs compared to the Cobb as I have never had the Cobb. I've heard the Cobb is much louder and drones on the highway. The SPT exhaust is very subtle and does not drone. You can hear it, but it is not annoying what so ever. Fitment on the SPT was perfect and the quality appears to be very good. Hopefully I'll never have to replace the exaust again! (The SPT is stainless steal)

Archived