LegacyGT.com

Looking for a spec b

Niznits

I'm in the market for a used 09 spec b or perhaps a low mileage 08. I found a new 08 spec b in PA and they sold it the day before I was going to check it out. I have an 05 LGT that I would be trading. should I keep looking? Stay with what I have? I'm in bergen co, NJ and willing to travel up to 150 miles. anyone know of any? looking for dealer only. Bill Kolb in Orangeburgh has one. I checked it out a few weeks ago. Didnt do it for me.

I know you said 150 but i saw a red one in annaplois MD that was pretty sweet. Other than that, not going to find much in that radius. I had to go to DC to get mine. Saw a few in the midwest, and a bunch in CA. I would use autotrader.com I found it to be awesome way to find cars, then call the stealerships to get quotes and what options were on it. You may be able to finagle a deal with shipping... possibly. Or having them meet you. All of these were ploys they used to get me in the car. I ended up flying with miles i had racked up to get mine. GL with the purchase.

spoke to a real a hole at that prestige place. guy tried telling me what i can and cant afford without having any knowledge of my financials whatsoever. i had to hang up on him. douches like him that give car salesmen bad names. i may have to go buy it from there now from someone else and rub it in his face.

Yea, when I called there with the price I got from the another dealer they just said go to the other dealer. They would not even come close to the price. They seem to think they are still going to get at least invoice minus hold back for an 08 when they have 10's on the lot. :lol:

yeah they still have it listed for the price it was in 07-08. and he told me they'd probably give me 10k for mine. without asking what i owe or how long i'm financing hes telling me it will be out of my range. i guess hes a mind reader.

Disclaimer: I know extended warranties maybe smart or whatever but thats not the point of the below rant.

i hate salesmen. I had a terrible experience getting mine. I made a deal with the stealership, then the finance manager called me to ask about extended warranty. I politely told him no, when he proceeded to tell me how expensive to replace things were. I then told him no thanks i do my own work, i would like to take the risk. He proceeded to tell me it wasn't an informed decision. I LET HIM HAVE IT! I said no politely 2 times and i had already made it known i was a penny pinching college student. They think they know so much more than the buyer, and usually they do, but if they would just listen once they would know they are talking to a fellow car guy. Even then some of them arn't car guys.

Ok im done.

I saw one in PA i think it was a DGM. Then there was one, a QSM, for 32K. It was closer. Forget where though.

i bought my 05 at world subaru in tinton falls. they were ok. i got my girlfriend an impreza at ramsey subaru, wasnt a huge fan. they tried to pull a few fast ones with the down payment. but this guy yesterday at prestige is a real piece of work. their job is to get you in the door to rip you off. this guy decided to tell me theres no way i can afford the car. how would he know that. thought about calling the sales manager but its not worth it. they are all shadey idiots.

Might try going to the dealer next door. Trying to get them to buy the car dealer to dealer from Prestige then purchasing the car from dealer number 2. Tried this with mine, but jurisdiction only goes so far. It was too far from CT to MD.

Its all about the dealers and relationship with swaps. I worked at a dealer down the road from my house on long island and I drove to Kingston NY to pick up an STI. STI -> STI swap 150 miles each way. Would of been a fun trip but this is when the radio was an option for the STI and the one going up had no radio.

Only thing you have to remember with swaps is that dealers buy/sell at cost. So don't expect the under cost price if you asked your dealer to buy it from another one.

I looked at a used one at Ramsey and the guy was a tool. I looked at the used 08 STI and used 08 Spec B. The guy tells me I should do Spec B its more affordable. At this point I walked out. I was going with the Spec B but not cause of price.

I will say Lynne's was a great experience. Sales man was in on his day off to make sure paper work was done, called me often to see how things were going. Spent a lot of time to go over the car/paper work, even though he got some stuff wrong on the car. I think I came in at 11:30/12 and spent at least 2 hours (I did my own financing so they needed to put that in to the system so it took awhile).

I found mine on cars.com. Well, actually I first saw it at a Manheim auto auction, but it ended up being a Subaru dealer closed auction, then saw the exact one on cars.com. I went to that dealer with ALL the info on the car, including the price they paid at the auction. Needless to say, I got a pretty good deal on mine with 4800 miles.

150mile radius from 07601: http://www.cars.com/go/search/search_results.jsp?ct=4&tracktype=usedcc&searchType=22&cid=&dlid=&dgid=&amid=&cname=&rd=&ddrd=30&zc=07601&makeid=45&modelid=410&pageNumber=&numResultsPerPage=50&largeNumResultsPerPage=0&sortorder=descending&sortfield=PRICE%20descending&certifiedOnly=false&criteria=K-spec.b|E-ANY|M-_45_|H-|D-_410_|N-N|R-150|I-1,7|P-PRICE%20descending|Q-descending|X-popular|Z-07601&aff=national

http://www.prestigeimportssubaru.com/new-inventory/vehicle-details.htm?vehicleId=15ba62327f000001000e98fafdccacb8

New 08. I found this when I was looking for the one I just got. Looks like they still have it so give them a call. Dealer is across the river from Kolb so should be in your range. Good luck in your search.

:eek: Almost $36K for an 08 spec B!?

I like the 07 spec b the best. I am partial to the 05-07 body style and that beautiful interior.:wub:

dont know if you called rafferty subaru but i was there last week and they had a left over 08 with navi for 26k. I dont know if its still there or not but give them a call. Ask for andre hes pretty cool to deal with.

• 2 weeks later...
I found 4 '08 Spec B's within 300 miles of home (autotrader.com). Drove 150 miles to see the one with lowest miles (30). Bought it for $27k this weekend, but I am in So Cal. 42 miles on the odometer leaving the dealership, 200 miles when I got home. Good luck on you search.

Archived