LegacyGT.com

What the Legacy will replace as a daily driver. . .

Well. . .I won't be getting rid of my current driver. . . rather, Sonia will come out more just on weekends and track days. ;) [img]http://69.73.145.197/yukonart/Dec%2018%202003/121803-06.JPG[/img] [img]http://69.73.145.197/yukonart/Dec%2018%202003/121803-05.JPG[/img] [img]http://69.73.145.197/yukonart/Dec%2018%202003/121803-04.JPG[/img] [img]http://69.73.145.197/yukonart/Dec%2018%202003/121803-02.JPG[/img]

Thanks guys. . . 18" Prodrive PFF7s in British Pewter Well, the STi is a kick in the pants. . . it really is. However, mileage is something I just ignore. ;) The Legacy wagon would be my daily and would make a great alternative to buying an SUV. I've taken-up snowboarding, so I've got a Thule rack I'm about to install on the WRX, and a little more space for life's errands to Costco, etc would be great, too. I'm definitely going to get the manual transmission. . . not so much interested in the Outback as I am the GT. I don't really need more ground clearance, etc. . . just want the interior space and the AWD to keep me going. My plans for the STi would then turn to race and autocross. Full race coilovers, larger turbo (and everything that it entails) and perhaps a few other goodies. My plans would keep her 100% street legal. . .more or less. . . but would easily void whatever warranty remains. . . thus, the waiting. 2004 is the year of getting out of debt for Art. If I can get almost everything paid-off, minus the STi, I'll be happy. 2005 will then be the year of saving. . . but ultimately I want to build a house with an enormous garage. Might happen in 2005, might be 2006. I'm not in a huge hurry. At any rate, the LwGT would come right after the house. By then the STi will be paid-down quite a bit, and I could even refi it for a while before the Legacy comes home to make the payments even smaller. Not really important since that's a ways off, anyway. For now, I drive "Sonia". . . and when my girlfriend comes to visit, we sometimes roll in her 1991 Legacy wagon. We just recently dropped "Ruby" on AGXs and Whitelines, and 4 new tires. She's planning an engine swap (probably EJ22T w/5spd) for this spring. We'll see how all that goes, though. :)

Sounds like quite some plans! I also need (more like want :shrug: :D) a big garage too, but that'll be a few years before I really need it. Right now, this sem and one more of school, then hopefully my good job will be there (crossing fingers.) Then I'll have a great availability to some really grat vehicles. Sounds like you have a really cool GF! She wants an EJ22 turbo engine swap in the BF. :P Awesome!

Totally . . . she's a real keeper! (The GF) ;) Well. . . I'm a bit older than you I'd imagine. Already have built two homes, so this'll be my third. Sometime I'll post a rough sheet of plans for my new one. . . . 8-stall garage with large apartment overhead. Building-in provisions for easy expansion to full-sized house after a few years. Garage would be roughly 60'w x 80'd (4800 sq ft) Apartment, about 1500 sq ft Future expansion, about 1200-1500 sq ft more Granted, this is a lot of space . . . so I'm sure the house plans will change some. The garage however, I would like to get as close to this size as possible. I have plans for a Rotary lift in one of the stalls with full provisions for air tools, etc. . . everything short of a pit. ($$$$) Front four oversized stalls would be for driven vehicles. Back two stalls would be for storing of toys, etc. . . last two stalls in back would be for the lift, and a staircase plus workshop area. Probably work a restroom in there, too.

Basically the ideal car guy house is a warehouse with an apartment inside. Sounds like you've got a sweet plan. Some friends of mine in OKC have a perfect setup. They live in some restored old homes (big & perfect for parties). Their office is maybe 1/2 mile away at the most. Their storage for race cars is across the parking lot. On the far side of that is a warehouse for their race shop w/ apartment and a lounge area in the middle of warehouse amid their bikes. Across the street from that is their coffee shop/eatery to get their food and caffeine. Food really isn't free since it still costs them, but at least it's at cost, right?

That's sweet! :shock: They're better-suited to host parties than I am. Okay. . . got some competition, now. lol Seriously, I think I'd have to at least have some kind of traditional-style home attached to the garage, but I can always clear-out a couple stalls in there to hold big parties, too. ;)

I went to one brother's house for a football game party. You literally walked all over the place and tv's were in view (except for the staircase) and integrated audio. half-basement area had the bar w/ 2 frozen drink makers & 3 tv's above, billiard room on one side w/ tv, media room on the other side w/ the bigscreen, tv in the kitchen, living room, and everything. Hey, it's something to shoot for. Right? It's probably fair to say that they are pulling in more cheddar than we are.

Daaaaaayum. . . . he sounds like my kinda people. lol Seriously. . . I have this schematic I drew up for a single bigscreen (probably 60") with four 27" screens across the wall above it. Keep a different game on every channel, and watch the one of choice on the bigscreen. That and you can hook up four Xboxes and have up to 16 people playing HALO all at once in one room. Talk about FUN! ;) I really need to think about how I want to build my bar, though. Mixed drinks tend to be popular at my place, so blenders, ice machine, lots of bottle storage, etc will be in order. . . must have a wine cooler, too. (I've recently taken-up drinking wine a bit more often instead of liquor) I have some time, though. . . . my inspiration for a lot of this? I used to work for Paul Allen several years ago. Been to his estate more times than I can count, and I have so many ideas from seeing his AV systems and room configurations. . . . all I need is a buttload of money to make it happen. . . . but then, don't we all? lol

That sounds like an awesome setup to have. 16 people playing would be just crazy. Build a couple of car simulators to play GT4 in your new Legacy. hmm, Legacy vs. STi should be interesting with the similar weight. Tune them to the same hp and see how it goes.

SHWEET setup. I think this should be the 'what will be in your dream home/garage' thread. ;) I'll elaborate a bit more on mine tomorrow. (Used to work construction for a few years and always look at Log Home/Timber Frame mags so I've got LOTS of ideas.)

[quote name='SUBE555']SHWEET setup. I think this should be the 'what will be in your dream home/garage' thread. ;) I'll elaborate a bit more on mine tomorrow. (Used to work construction for a few years and always look at Log Home/Timber Frame mags so I've got LOTS of ideas.)[/quote] NIIIIICE. . . for the longest time I wanted to design a log home. However, without being set in the woods, it would just look odd. :P

Archived