LegacyGT.com

Appreciating the Legacy

Hey all,

Just wanted to share: I just spent 2 weeks in Italy, including driving a 2009 Fiat Panda 5-speed for 6 days/800km.

If you ever feel you aren't appreciating your Legacy, try to rent something similar. I still can't believe how much more I love my two cars right now after driving that car. The feel, quiet, spaciousness, power, and amenities of our cars are mind-blowing comparatively, and the Panda is a top-seller in Europe.

Just thought I'd share what a few days in a craptastic econobox will do for your legacy luvin :)

Joe

P.s. When I got back, our Legacy's clutch pedal had become tangibly stiffer/heavier and weirdly gained engagement feel. I have no explanation for this, as even my wife noticed it and she didn't drive the fiat and the LGT is her daily driver....anyway, it was very appreciated since I felt the Leggy has had too much softness and mush in the clutch engagement.

I had a Sebring for a day as I waited for my Legacy to be worked on. I had the new oil pick uptube installed and it takes at least 12 hours for the new oil pan gasket to seal. Anyways, the Sebring got me around, but wow was it slow and heavy. It reminded me of the Dodge Spritless I used to drive. Yes, it could reach 70 but you had to push it to get it there. It made horrible noises and had very little power. When corning, I felt like I was driving a Lincoln town car. It just felt big and heavy.

I'm going to be spending the next two weeks driving some fantastic roads in the UK, such as this one

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photos/02/29/022904_fe805f56.jpg

In this...............

http://photos.autoexpress.co.uk/images/front_picture_library_UK/dir_430/car_photo_215403_7.jpg

and I'm going to hate it :mad:

PhilT - see if they have a Fiat 500 Abarth. Heck, it might actually be a downgrade, size-wise, but oh, so much more fun on those skinny B roads.
Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

PhilT - see if they have a Fiat 500 Abarth. Heck, it might actually be a downgrade, size-wise, but oh, so much more fun on those skinny B roads.

It's my dad's car, I was going to ask him to trade it in, but at 75 I don't think he should be driving anything faster :lol:

I really wish you could take cars on vacations too, I'm going to miss driving my Legacy soooooooo much.

Ah, I was thinking it was a rental. You're right - I doubt your dad would be into the Abarth!

Don't forget to schedule in some acceleration therapy when you get back!

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

Archived