LegacyGT.com

Good Tint Job In Maryland?

ChubRock

Winners(rockville) did the GFs and will be redoing mine soon. Also did my tail lights. Lawrence is a good guy.

Also united solar in Laurel does really good work. did whats on the LGT now and my old sentra and my brothers cars. Nice guy and does good work but busy a lot.

HP Racing did mine. Need to take it back though the fronts are peeling off at the bottoms.

When I got the car back the inside was dirty.

The rest of the tint looks great though!

ended up using hp racing, the kid at the desk was a lil rude, luckily i worked with the guy who did the tint job, one buble on the window in between my rear and back passenger windows and a tiny one on the driver side.

going back tomoro morning and they're fixing it free of charge.

I got 20% plus warrenty total cost was $185 so it was quite pricey. I think if i'm ever forced to take it off ill go sumwhere cheaper

and my car was not dirty inside only the windows where but i can wash them.

Which brings me to why im actually on the site tonight...what should i use to clean the inside of my windows now that i have tint? will windex ruin it?

Winners(rockville) did the GFs and will be redoing mine soon. Also did my tail lights. Lawrence is a good guy.

that's where i got mine done back in 05, but the tint is bubbling now.

I'm going to Details, Details, Details in Rockville. They carry way better stuff and do a way better job with better service on my 93' Legend that still have perfect non-fading, non-bubbling tint.. it's been 9 years now on that car.

Keefe

I'm going to Details, Details, Details in Rockville. They carry way better stuff and do a way better job with better service on my 93' Legend that still have perfect non-fading, non-bubbling tint.. it's been 9 years now on that car.

Hmmm.... I may have to call them. Apparently the tint currently on my car was done by Winners in Annapolis - its shrinking and fading.

getting mine done at Driven Dynamics in Rockville, friend of mine is a real perfectionist and picky, he suggested them. ill see how it goes, got an appointment at 11 today... the website also says they are the only retail store that sells 3M tint...

heads up 2010 legacy owners in md, 3M does not have the dimentions of the windows yet, went to driven dynamics in Rockville and thy said I had to wait till 3M got the specs... not for Another 2 to 3 weeks 8(... they also told me they don't have the drop top IS either.

• 3 weeks later...

So Driven is using pre-cut sheets?

I'm not a fan of pre-cut, especially for frame-less windows. If I remember this correctly (its been awhile since I've gotten tint), but a good shop will cut the tint on the spot.

the tint turned out better than I expected, 20% all around. there was minimal dust and debris betweenthe glass and film, and the 3m film is lifetime warrenty. the clearshield is for another appointment, they didn't have the dimensions for the front of the car.

So Driven is using pre-cut sheets?

I'm not a fan of pre-cut, especially for frame-less windows. If I remember this correctly (its been awhile since I've gotten tint), but a good shop will cut the tint on the spot.

I got a neigbor with a G35, and the did a horrible job, the only good thing about the place he went to was they came to his house and did it... the back winsheild they made a two piece ( you can see the line across the back) and the smallest window in the back windows were cut horribly off, it didn't cover the corners. there was also all sorts of dust and such between the film and glass, it was a over all cheap tint job.i prefer the precut because it is alot more precise than hand cut. but I'm not too familiar with the framless windows, the 2010 has frames.

i got mine done in 05 from winners also and i just noticed today that the rear window tint is starting to wrinkle and bubble a bit on the edges.

i guess thats my excuse to get it all redone and a tad darker...

Archived