LegacyGT.com

Broke my SI-Drive Controller

I haven't heard of anyone breaking theirs yet, but if you're still under 36k miles I'd just take it in (depending on what happened of course) and they should fix it for you. What part did you break, the plastic knob, or something inside? You could also find one in a wrecked GT somewhere and just swap them out if it's not just the knob that is broken.

Part #83251AG02AJC for black interior or #83251AG02AWA for ivory interior. It looks like the knob and the switch come as one unit so I'm not sure if they are available separately. Fred Beans lists the part for about $63 on their site.

Thanks guys. Going into S# is tough now, will have to buy a new one.

I was going to suggest using the S# on the steering wheel, but then noticed you're an '07. That sucks that it broke. There should be a way to automatically make the car choose S# once the car is warmed up.

Hey mine broke one day just using it normal..I have a 07.. I went to subaru, and they replaced it for free under warranty.. The service guy looked at me wierd and i said you cant race a plastic button.. Just broke from normal use.. Service man agreed and replace button for free.. Now I am extra careful , when using.. hope this helps

this sounds like the time I broke the volume knob off of the stereo in my 19995 chevy truck. It was like "CRAP!" and then I had recurring nightmares about how I had bought a POS car... Still that is weird that it broke...

Archived