LegacyGT.com

IPT full build in transit!

Threelions23

I am getting my 5eat fully rebuilt, i have 380 turbo with all the goodies, but ive been running 17psi because the stock one was slipping like mad, mine failed and slipping because the transmission cooler hose ripped at the clamp and drained the fluid out, im guessing its heated the clutch packs to no return..

The full process im guessing is going to take 3-5 days there, 3-5 days back, 5 days to work on it, that will be almost the end of July, so i am hoping its gonna be worth the wait.

when the ipt built one comes back im gonna get a solid tune on the car to make full use of the 5eat :).

You'll love it. I hope they adjust your vb correctly. Took them a few times to get mine done correctly. The mastered the stock transmission with the vb mod, but on a built tranmission; it might take them a few adjustment to get it perfect. I hope they get it right the first time. Saves you the trouble of ripping it out and sending it to them.

I am getting my 5eat fully rebuilt, i have 380 turbo with all the goodies, but ive been running 17psi because the stock one was slipping like mad, mine failed and slipping because the transmission cooler hose ripped at the clamp and drained the fluid out, im guessing its heated the clutch packs to no return..

The full process im guessing is going to take 3-5 days there, 3-5 days back, 5 days to work on it, that will be almost the end of July, so i am hoping its gonna be worth the wait.

when the ipt built one comes back im gonna get a solid tune on the car to make full use of the 5eat :).

I have had my IPT transmission since February of 2008. At the time I was at Stage 3 pushing approx 400whp and it had no problems. Today I am at Stage 1 and I can still launch if I want to without the risk of it slipping. :)

I'll be installing my new fp68hta in a few weeks. I'm already using the IPT vb, but I don't expect the tranny to last very long. How much did the full rebuild cost you guys?

Im so exited for the IPT tran's , but wow from Canada its a hella lot of paperwork!!, i need there irs number apparently!!??, such a joke i laughed at the lady, but she was serious O.O

There isn't much of a nice sense of humor in Jersey, at least not in the work place.

I have had my IPT transmission since February of 2008. At the time I was at Stage 3 pushing approx 400whp and it had no problems. Today I am at Stage 1 and I can still launch if I want to without the risk of it slipping. :)

Why did you go back to stock?

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Why did you go back to stock?

Great question. When I first bought my car, it was beyond what I needed in terms of power. Most would consider this an impulse buy. Going beyond Stage 2 is a completely different world. There are a lot of things that you have to pay attention to and you really need to know exactly what you are doing in order to maintain a car on that level. For me, I didn't have the time or knowledge to keep up with frequency of checking boost levels, tightness of piping, running datalogs etc etc. I was getting check light after check light and became quite frustrating. The stock engine I have become very familar with (this is my second Legacy; previous was an 06 LGT sedan). I also really enjoy a faster spooling turbo around town. I hope all that makes sense. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Don't know about your cel, hope you find the fault. The trans is so close to the knock sensor, maybe the wiring got nicked...

anyways, did you get a chance to play with the trans yet? What does it stall at now?

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

One guy I know ripped his knock wires clean off the harness. which is why I think it could be that. But i don't know about that cel. have you posted this in the general forum with a big "HELP?!" yet?

EDIT: checked resistance or voltage through the wires? Might be time to tap into the knock wires!

Havent tried that, I am a bit of a noob on forums, but ask me how to fix networks and i can write you a manual!!,

I took it to the Dealership today and the guy said that even with a knock sensor thats faulty if he cannot erase the code then its pulling the code before the engine is fully running so either a cut wire or its kinked or a bad connector but he doubts the issue was the sensor itself, but they will let me know tommorow hopefully,

Subaru confirmed the wire between the sensor and ecm, they fixed it !!! Rally Subaru is awsome!! thx guys!, the tranny is running great the way Subaru should look at building theres ;-), I am running 17 psi on the avo380 detuned on the low end because of the stock tranny at the time, BUT NOW!! I am getting her tuned as soon as my tuner has time availible.nBut good solid shifting i havent redlined her in first yet to check but i am slowing feeling the urge to but in 2nd and 3rd its right on the redline, As soon as i have time i will take a video of her in action! ;-D

Wiring is the ultimate b&%#h of a car, BY FAR! and now you know why. Glad you have it fixed!

Please post your stall speed (RPMs of course) of the modified TC when you get a chance. Thank you!

Archived