LegacyGT.com

Satisfied GS6 pads

jim1969

Anyone run these? I need to replace my HPS pads.

Jim,I just put Carbotech AX6's on and Bobcats in the rear and they are much better then my hps which I just took off and was not impressed at all, not enough bite and fade resistance for my taste, so i went back to carbotechs IMO try carbotech, I would love to show you the improvement in my car if you would like a demo.:lol:

cool. Let's meet up. How are the AX6 noise wise? Why not bobcats all around?

I can show you how the vf52 feels.

Sounds good you have PM.

I wanted something more then the bobcats up front and I can deal with a comprise pad which the AX6 is. It a streetable track pad pretty much with a broad temp range that does not need to heat up to have bite, that why they call it a auto-x pad cause it works well at low temps. And since the bobcat is a little better then the HPS so ive read i wanted something more aggrerssive.

Having previosuly ran the AX6's but on stock oem non turned rotors I was impressed and they even better with fresh Brakeswap Slotted Blanks.

sounds like AX6 is comparable to Hawk HP+. Both streetable track pads.

How's the dust and noise level on those?

Anyone can comment on those, I am also shopping for 80% street 20% autox/track pads...

But as noise may be an issue i am still debating and researching...

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

No experience with AX6 but the HP+ get a little noisy when they get heat into them. Some squealing on the street but it's not terrible. Dust a fair amount too. Nowhere near as bad as running Carbotech XP8 track pads on the street like I'm doing right now. :lol: But the initial bite is fun. HP+ are great for autox because they don't need much heat to perform well and they have higher initial bite than most other streetable pads.

Pick 2: Low Noise, Low Dust, High Initial Bite, Highly Fade Resistant

Archived