LegacyGT.com

Help with Springs/Struts for total nOOb

EJH

I was hoping to get some advice on some springs/struts that would be good for a non-track, 06 LGT that I use for work. I spend a lot of time on the highway, live in Chicago (potholes) and work in the country (gravel). I'm pretty sure that I blew out my stock front right strut on a pothole this past winter.

So is there something out there better than stock for my use? Any thoughts? Most of the searches I've done return results on applications that are just not for me.

Thanks!

+1 on the JDMs... I have JDM Bilstein with Pinks... excellent setup, even for the crappy MA roads. They lower the car slightly, and the ride is comparable to stock, but it firms up the suspension wonderfully.

As for blowing out a strut... you should also look into avoiding potholes and driving slower on crappy roads where required. I'm a speed-demon, relatively speaking, and I have never bent a wheel, popped a tire, or blown a strut, while my friend (who is a FAR better driver than me) has bent rims on his SVT Focus repeatedly. You just have to be extra careful out there!

I have Bilstein HDs with STi pinks on my daily driver and would recommend them.

They lower the car slightly, and the ride is comparable to stock, but it firms up the suspension wonderfully.

Here is a link to one of KOP's threads. They offer suspension packages with HDs and pinks: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81113&highlight=bilstein

Lloyd M. 2006 GRP LGT 5EAT Sedan [For Sale]

Archived