LegacyGT.com

NJ: Has anyone done the bumpstop mod??

onesillyracer

Anyone in Nj have experience with the bumpstop mod? i have bilsteins and am not sure if this is something that can be done by a novice, or brought to a shop. Im this close to going back to stock cause of the suspension:spin:

im thinking about doing mine. not sure if i feel like bothering but DAMN!!! is it teeth shattering wheni slam into it. ugh!! im just lazy to take the fronts off again. prob going to order racecomps smaller stiffer bump stop vs cut the one already in there as i do hit some nasty pot holes from time to time.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

sounds like the springs you guys have are not stiff enough to account for the lowering they give you. a proper spring would not allow you to hit the bump stop 99% of the time.

i dont think i can get stiffer then the provas i have unless i go coilovers. they are 4.3kg F and 6.8kg R. its not really lowered that much at 25mm in the front and about 15mm in the rear. I don't have much wheel gap becuase I run tires that are 1" larger in diameter then stock. Robs car was slammed (the grey one behind me at the auto X) i have to hit nasty pot holes to bottom out normal stuff it never happens. or when they pave a road and leave a 2" lip. woah!! that is nasty.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

sounds like the springs you guys have are not stiff enough to account for the lowering they give you. a proper spring would not allow you to hit the bump stop 99% of the time.

I trimmed mine more as a preventative thing. I have just about zero wheel gap the way that my coilovers are adjusted now. I bottom out on rare occasions, but when I do it is not pleasant.

Archived