LegacyGT.com

2005 Legacy GT Spec B

Im in the process of buying a new Legacy GT, but have been reading articles online talking about the future release of the 2005 Legacy GT Spec B which will be faster than the current legacy gt offered?? I read somewhere it will have around 276 hp. Heres the link : http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/roadtests/0306scc_legacy/ .

Does anyone know when this car is supposed to be released in the U.S., or the price range it will be in? I wouldn't appreciate buying a current GT Legacy if in 2 months a newer faster more powerful one is released for the same price.

-Thanks for your help.

it's old news, it's the japanese version of our legacy. USDM model gets 250hp/250lb ft torque.

there's been plenty discussion of the 'STi' model of the legacy and when people think it will be released. the spec b in the article would supposedly be the STi. of course, it's all purely speculation, and dont expect such model to come out any time soon since the remodel is barely a year old.

That article is by Paul Hansen, a poster here, and also an employee of AVO Turboworld in Japan.

The article mentions "this is the future of subaru here in japan..." and mentions that the car has a 2.0 liter twin scroll turbocharged engine. That leads me to believe that Paul Hansen wrote it in Japan. The car pictured and described is Japanese spec, certainly not US spec.

It was probably written early in the Model year 2004 lifecycle (japan got the car a year before the US did), before the japanese 2.0 GT Spec B was released as a 2005 model in Japan, which has already happened.

As for a US 2.5 GT Spec B, I wouldn't hold your breath. people are speculating about 2006, and you may want to wait until you hear concrete specifications for it, but I wouldn't hold out for a USDM spec B. I wish it were feasible, but I have a sneaking feeling that we won't see it. Maybe a Legacy STi as a 2006.5, or 2007 model, but it will probably break cover in Japan first. The S402 badged wagon has shown up in japanese magazines (recent post by B4_maniac), but I haven't seen anything pointing to that being a showroom model, even in Japan.

Archived