LegacyGT.com

Dual Din head unit reviews/opinions/ideas

juniorvarsity33

Hey Guys, I'm getting my 05 Legacy ready for the JDM dual din swap, and I'm torn between the cost friendly single din unit mostly looking for seamless ipod integration (always had the Alpine units w/ FullSpeed connect and loved it) and/or

... as I'm looking at dual din units (DVD is a must, Nav is not necessary as my iPhone does all my GPS for me) I'm finding it harder to stay with Alpine.

The only dual din Alpine unit I see blowing my $$$$ wad on is the IVA W505. However, I've read a few reviews about it not being a good nav unit. Anybody know if there are probs with the rest of the functionality? It lists for $1100. However I can get it for 735 from my preferred audio dealer of choice for many years ikesound.com.

Anybody have any opinions/ideas/suggestions to share. I'm open to try another brand if I'm convinced, and I'd like to stay as far below 1000 as possible!

Thanks for any and all info!

-jv

:spin:

Hey Guys, I'm getting my 05 Legacy ready for the JDM dual din swap, and I'm torn between the cost friendly single din unit mostly looking for seamless ipod integration (always had the Alpine units w/ FullSpeed connect and loved it) and/or

... as I'm looking at dual din units (DVD is a must, Nav is not necessary as my iPhone does all my GPS for me) I'm finding it harder to stay with Alpine.

The only dual din Alpine unit I see blowing my $$$$ wad on is the IVA W505. However, I've read a few reviews about it not being a good nav unit. Anybody know if there are probs with the rest of the functionality? It lists for $1100. However I can get it for 735 from my preferred audio dealer of choice for many years ikesound.com.

Anybody have any opinions/ideas/suggestions to share. I'm open to try another brand if I'm convinced, and I'd like to stay as far below 1000 as possible!

Thanks for any and all info!

-jv

well fortunately the W505 itself doesnt have navigation.. you need to add module SVE-P1 or something like that, which is about another 300 bucks.

the unit that im looking at is the new eclipse unit..

AVN726E. its about 900 bucks.. but check out this review..

http://cnettv.cnet.com/tomtom-eclipse-avn4430-car-gps-navigation/9742-1_53-50005510.html

yea that alpine is probably your best bet for the bling.. definitely would be my first choice except for that eclipse coming out.. plus alpine is usually solid with their IPOD connections i think..

i have an 08 model kenwood ddx series...it ran me 500 brand new. you said you dont need nav so thats fine and it has an aux input on the front and a mountable usb port.

http://legacygt.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=310&pictureid=1622

Archived