LegacyGT.com

upsssss!!!

have a gt auto. sucks right. wish i had a stick. but im sick of bitching and have to do something to it. I already have a weapon r intake in it right now. adds some noise and a lil power. how about this next. Ebay headers and a perrin lightweight crank pulley? add some power for cheap. then i can go full exhaust later. that sound good?

i have borla knockoff headers made by i think speedline (just as good, got mine on ebay) with 2 high flow cats, 2.5 inch pipe and a magnaflow muffler. and it sounds identical to a beefed up sti, minus the turbo sound lol. ok so heres the order i went in for my exhaust from my stock exhaust. 1. used magnaflow muffler(sounded like rice) 2. borla headers(gave it that nice subaru rumble sound). 3. catco high flow cats(a little deeper) 4. upgraded to 2.5 inch pipe and a brand new magnaflow muffler(BINGO! got the sound i was looking for, deep subaru rumble and i love it). btw, i havent turned my radio on in weeks haha.

Well just doin a muffler is gonna sound ricey with a faint rumble. Trust me it sucks. If your gonna do the muffler but the borla UNEQUAL lenth header. If you get the equal lenth one it gonna sound even more like a honda lol. And I don't know what magnaflow. All I know is that its a fart can that sounds damn good

dat you are tuned for the intake correct? if not that would be the first thing you should do. without tuning you arent getting the most out of your mods and could actually be causing more harm then good.

go with an AP or try your hand at OS tuning, then continue with your mods. ;)

AP = Acess Port

OS = Open Source

Both are for tuning, AP is like tuning for dummies (load a map) and with OS you need to know what you are doing (changing values individually).

OBB I'm not sure if this would apply to you with an older Outback, this is only for the 05+ guys. Not sure what is done for tuning on the older subbys

Nope. There aren't any maps you can toss in or any adjustments you can make to the ECU. You'd need to grab a piggy-back of some sort for the ECU if you want to start tuning. I would recommend waiting for that until you get enough mods to begin effecting the engine's performance in a negative way. And intake, some headers, full exhaust, etc... isn't going to harm your car one bit if you buy the correct parts and install them properly.

P.S. I would highly recommend the real Borla headers over the knock-offs. There actually is a difference. Plus, Borla is a lifetime warranty. :)

My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

They might. I suppose it just depends on how much extra power you're looking for. I would imagine that you'll certainly notice the difference though.
My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

Archived