LegacyGT.com

AVO axleback on a 2.5i NA question

at that point since your already fabbing stuff up just get like magnaflows or something

1. Since you need a header and that wont fit anything you have under your car you can go all modified exhaust tubing have it bent to fit around the rear diff and a y pipe to split flow to your stock muffler locations. This method can be had for less if you shop around for your parts i.e mufflers, pipe, HFC, flanges, flex joint. If you buy all the parts ahead all you will be paying for is labor and normally if you go to a local shop not a chain like Monroe or Mieneke *sp they will do it for a flat price

2. You still need the RS style UEL Header but you can keep what you have and fabb that to fit. This isnt a bad method b/c your stock piping is HUGE and more durable than some mild steels used by exhaust shops. Get your header and have them mod your stock mid pipe to mate to the RS header. then get your two mufflers of choice welded to you stock angle flanges and go from there.

With both methods you still need to extend your O2 sensors and move your cat. I like the first method because you keep the stock system intact if you need to bolt it back on for service or to sell it of you get tired of it you can b/c youll have two bolt on systems for your car.

The first can be done for under $500 with labor if you find a good shop. The second can be done for under $300 and that is due to the header and mufflers. Also in both you will want to extend your o2 yourself via adding wire or buying an extension.

Back to the original question - I'd assume only slightly louder, little or no difference in tone.

And looking a lot better.

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Archived