LegacyGT.com

New to the Forum and new to Subaru

Just traded in my first vehicle (03 Ram 1500) aka gas goozler, and got myself an 06 Spec. B and I couldn't be happier. Now its time to become a poor person and make my new lovely legit. I have many questions!!

How many lbs of boost does my turbo run factory?

I want to do a cat back exhaust but I dont wanna sound like a ricer/have to listen to something loud all the time yet I wanna be able to hear my turbo and that nice boxer tone. suggestions??

Where can I find a set of yellow fogs??

What do you cats recommend for a short throw?

I already started getting new stuff, just ordered today an AEM cold air kit and right now its over at the tint shop getting darkened up.

I'd put up pictures but my camera is in my car getting tinted right now so i'll get that up later.

Theres so much info on this site I can't wait to start doing stuff like headlight blackout and standalone fog lights

I think i'm in love haha

first off, welcome.

so to try and answer your questions to the best I can:

1) I believe that it is set to either 12 or 15psi, but I could be off on that memory.

2) there are a lot of catbacks out there, the one that I have seen as being the most popular that isn't too loud, but gives that great boxer rumble is the SPT from Subaru or the Megan dual tip.

3) PIAA, silverstar, etc...

4) STI or cobb is what i have seen most use

One recommendation I would have is to pick yourself up a Cobb AccessPort and you will be set.

And Congrats on getting one of the best cars on the road today.

Which spec B did you get? # what of 500?

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

i was looking at the Greddy EVO it doesnt sound too bad. The Megan racing setup is real nice i just dont know if im too crazy about the dual tips, and there single tips look like pea shooters. i got number 449

Stock boost is about 13.5 max. If you intend to mod, you'll want to decide whether you're going to get an accessport or go with opensource tuning first. If accessport, that should be your first purchase performance wise. Next should be a downpipe. After that an intercooler. Intake will add some turbo noise, but you'll need to get tuned for it.

yea a tuner before i do intake or exhaust? well the cai is already in the mail and i was planning on ordering the cat back (whichever i decide to go with) with next weeks paycheck. and the tuner would come sometime in the next few weeks. I was talking to a friend and he said he knows someone who goes right to a local subi dealer and they got some gear heads there and they can play with the computers tuning (same deal as an accesspoint etc.) right there. I wonder what there charging. Even tho the plug and play unit does offer the other fun stuff like 0-60 times and different maps.

what size is that bulb?

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19050

shoudl also be in the owner's manual ;)

also with re: exhaust, the greddy is a pretty loud setup which you indicated isn't something you wanted to do. there are lots of diff setups, there is a sticky'd compilation in the intake/exhaust section of what people have tried with vid.

I just installed an Invidia Downpipe and MagnaFlow Catback and it sounds friggin awesome. Very little to no raspiness at all. Deep tone and very nice growl through RPM range to redline. Not at all loud and looks good too.

Some pics(Dirty and rainy.)

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k28/arjernegan/IMG_0157.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k28/arjernegan/IMG_0158.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k28/arjernegan/IMG_0159.jpg

I beg to differ on the Invidia/magnaflow system sound (same setup I have). A little too loud any droney for me (and others) . Check the long standing Magna flow thread in the exhaust section . I fixed my sound with an extra muffler in one of the cat sections.

I would reccommend that before you spend your $$$ that you spend a while digging info from this site to be sure your spending your money wisely.

For example....CAI really not a thing on these cars. Do a lot of searching FIRST then spend. You will be happier.

Archived