LegacyGT.com

How do these logs look?

RdiggA

My friend has an 05 LGT with MR Headers, MR Catless DP, Borla CBE, Perrin 100% Recirc. Valve, K&N typhoon with a TA TMIC and TA Stage 2 E - Tune. He thought the car has been running a little off latly so today we took two logs. It was about 65 degrees out when these were pulled. For all you Logging guys, how do these look?

romraiderlog_20090611_112939.csv

romraiderlog_20090611_113053.csv

I'm very green at this and still learning, so I'm going to throw out there what I think I see and be corrected by others cause that's how you learn. I think there's some knock based on the fact that knock sum increased from 5 all the way to 10. Knock sum increments for every isolated knock event. Had it stayed at 5 it would have been different. Log FBKC and FLKC

Don't know WTF happened in the first log, boost never did go over 2?

You should not do any more WOT runs and email TA and send them your logs...you are knocking a ton. You need a revision to that map ASAP.

A good tune should not knock at all at WOT. Have you changed fuel or anything else since your tune?

What is weird is your first run is completetly knock free...the 2nd one is horrible?!

That's what I thought too, kock sum stayed at 4, but where did his boost go?

From what I have read, the knock sensor is useless at low rpms where it will THINK it picked up knock events. I think I've seen "knock" even at idle a couple of times.

That log needs to be revised by the tuner regardless if it is really knocking on 93 octane, barring some really really crappy gas he got. Be happy you have 93, here in Nebraska we have raccoon piss that they call 91 octane.

What is weird is your first run is completetly knock free...the 2nd one is horrible?!

Looks like the IAM wasn't at 1 yet on the first log. You can tell by the timing that is being called for in the 1st log vs the 2nd.

Archived