LegacyGT.com

stg2 boost problem 12psi max

Long Island Legacy

Rob,

The BOV I sent you was good (pulled it off to replace with a GFB I bought from a member here). Plus I sent a brand new o-ring with it. Sounds like you've got a leak. What mods are you running with the stage 2? How long has it been stage2, and when did the problem start?

-Mike

Rob,

The BOV I sent you was good (pulled it off to replace with a GFB I bought from a member here). Plus I sent a brand new o-ring with it. Sounds like you've got a leak. What mods are you running with the stage 2? How long has it been stage2, and when did the problem start?

-Mike

i said the same problem with my forge , just thought the oem one would fix it. cant seem to find the leak, think the bcs is shot, is this unheard of?

Not unheard of, but unlikely. Have you removed the intercooler? If so, check the smalll hose off the BOV and trace it back to the t-fitting under the intercooler. Sometimes it can come off the T, or get pinched. Likely culprits are the turbo to intercooler gasket or the intercooler outlet hose (mine has come off my AVO once). If using the stock TMIC have you checked the end tanks? Maybe you are leaking there.

Not unheard of, but unlikely. Have you removed the intercooler? If so, check the smalll hose off the BOV and trace it back to the t-fitting under the intercooler. Sometimes it can come off the T, or get pinched. Likely culprits are the turbo to intercooler gasket or the intercooler outlet hose (mine has come off my AVO once). If using the stock TMIC have you checked the end tanks? Maybe you are leaking there.

+1 to everything he said.

+111 to all! PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

car was recently in for a "major overhaul" ya can say, and i discovered that the intercooler was crimping the small boost line that runs from the back of the IM to the BOV, I fixed the crimp and problem solved. (thanks perrin for making a part that really fits, LOL!)

+111 to all! PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

car was recently in for a "major overhaul" ya can say, and i discovered that the intercooler was crimping the small boost line that runs from the back of the IM to the BOV, I fixed the crimp and problem solved. (thanks perrin for making a part that really fits, LOL!)

Did you ever reset the ECU after this fix? A crimped line should not affect boost.

yea, and it did the line going from the bov to under the ic makes a huge difference if it comes off or is crimped, trust me!

Lol, trust me that wasn't your problem then ;) As I state to memebers over and over, your boost loss was from the dropping of your IAM. The boost was brought back up once the ecu was reset. A crimped boost line once again would have no affect on the boost acheived, if anything it would have an opposite affect(overboosting).

Lol, trust me that wasn't your problem then

You CANNOT know this. It is IMPOSSIBLE to accurately diagnose a problem over the internet without ALOT of back and forth conversation.

A crimped line CAN and WILL cause boost issues. In the case of the OP, his BOV line was crimped. This means that the top of the BOV diaphragm was not seeing positive pressure and the pressure inside the IC was forcing the BOV open. Alternatively, when the OP let off the gas, I'm willing to bet the BOV was not staying open long enough and causing some compressor surging.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

You CANNOT know this. It is IMPOSSIBLE to accurately diagnose a problem over the internet without ALOT of back and forth conversation.

A crimped line CAN and WILL cause boost issues. In the case of the OP, his BOV line was crimped. This means that the top of the BOV diaphragm was not seeing positive pressure and the pressure inside the IC was forcing the BOV open. Alternatively, when the OP let off the gas, I'm willing to bet the BOV was not staying open long enough and causing some compressor surging.

Lol okay...:rolleyes:

So boost would stick right at 12psi but never spike then drop? I do an awful lot of e-tuning and diagnosing ALOT of problems without even seeing the car. If you do not believe my "diagnosis" then just take it for what it is. :cool:

Lol okay...:rolleyes:

So boost would stick right at 12psi but never spike then drop? I do an awful lot of e-tuning and diagnosing ALOT of problems without even seeing the car. If you do not believe my "diagnosis" then just take it for what it is. :cool:

http://images.google.com/url?source=imgres&ct=tbn&q=http://www.myfreewallpapers.net/movies/wallpapers/groundhog-day.jpg&usg=AFQjCNGPAjI6sz0xX_1HX_xhmCIaLwJkqA

Archived