LegacyGT.com

Destroyed my IPT Trans

Hybrid22L

LOL. then go get yourself an MT. :lol:

IPT can only upgrade and build the transmission with available higher end parts. If there is no better flex plate made, then well.... there you go. Someone should make one.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

That wouldn't be a problem with a stock 5MT. A built tranny is a built tranny, for 5k it should be able to handle whatever is thrown at it.

One would think, but unfortunately thats not the case. God I would be so pissed if my IPT trans tore up.

LOL. then go get yourself an MT. :lol:

IPT can only upgrade and build the transmission with available higher end parts. If there is no better flex plate made, then well.... there you go. Someone should make one.

I understand that, but when you pay 5k and by the way they make it sound, this shouldn't be a problem. If they know this is a weakness then they shouldn't even be offering this service to begin with. They are offering a service that doesn't exist and it is upsetting for me seeing as I was a potential customer.

I understand that, but when you pay 5k and by the way they make it sound, this shouldn't be a problem. If they know this is a weakness then they shouldn't even be offering this service to begin with. They are offering a service that doesn't exist and it is upsetting for me seeing as I was a potential customer.

Hybrid22L mentioned that the reason it probably broke was because the valve body was slamming shifts. If the VB has been tuned properly in the car by IPT, it would have been alleviated during the install instead of back and forth by mail, leaving it time to do some damage.

Sadly, there is so little interest in building the 5eat that only one shop does it notably. If you want severe power, there is nothing wrong with trading in your vehicle for something with a Subi 6-speed, doing the swap (big $$$$) or getting a car such as a Chevy where there are proven aftermarket ATs that can handle upwards of 700hp. In fact it is a darn good idea in some instances. But as I mentioned above, if you get your car physically to IPT, you should be all set with many technicalities that can otherwise be problematic with the distance install.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

So i called down last Friday and the VB should be at Yimi Today. Hopefully I should be getting the legacy back soon. I miss my boost. Don't get me wrong. I love mt Silvia, but when you can't pass up a car when you are trying really hard. It jus sucks.

from my understanding, IPT has been ready and willing to work on the trans, even at the long distance. Hybrid will have to correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Again, if you really want big power, get a different car.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

from my understanding, IPT has been ready and willing to work on the trans, even at the long distance. Hybrid will have to correct me if I'm wrong on this.

pff.. just spend the money and don't listen to these peeps

you can build the lgt just as you could build any other car.. just takes time/money/knowledge

512whp/465ftlb 2005 5EAT Legacy (Build Log)

Videos -

-

You are true ak. Ty is great to work with and they always take care of me. They examined the torque converter and sent it back st no charge. They kinda lag a little. So you have to call them all the time. Keep in mind my warranty is done with as well. So for them to examine and repair the tc for free and ship for free is really out of their way. I would definetely do business with them again.

Archived