LegacyGT.com

take a look at a newbies log!

churnee

well i have just started logging and I am totaly new to the whole thing. i tried to get a pull from 2500 to redline, but ran outta road!!

setup as follows:

cobb stage 1 91 oct.

intake silencer removed

xo2 axle backs

gfb bov(set to 50/50)

I just want to make sure everything is running okay. Any insight would help alot. thanks!

also i have attached a learnig view screen from after everything was done and i was in the driveway.:)

romraiderlog_20090609_105450.csv

107636388_LearningView_SS_6-9-2009110821AM.jpg.adfe98238c9a60edcdca3de626b8083e.jpg

Hmm.. not sure how I didn't see those.. Seemed like it was all 0'd out. Still that's not very much correction and mostly at low load. I wouldn't worry too much, but keep doing learning views every few days or after any excessive driving for a while to make sure.

just 5th gear? i think that i will be replacing it. i did it when i first got the car for the extra "sound". there really was no difference in sound and i was to lazy to put it back on!:-)

Here is a quote from mickeyd2005 from another forum:

You need to put your resonator back on. The LGT intake tends to resonate at about 2600 rpm at high boost. This isn't a problem on the stock rom since it limits boost down low. It also isn't a problem with aftermarket turbos since you can't build boost at that low rpm. With an aggressive stage 1 or 2 tune, you can build 15-16 psi at 2600 rpm with no problem at all. This can cause your MAF to oscillate.

^good to know! will be putting the resonator back on.

did some more logs today...i didnt see anything that really concerned me other than the AFR#1 looked a little high...could be from the bov? again, im new to the whole thing so it might be fine. i would notice knock if the KS would have gone up? just trying to get a handle on what it all means.

also did a learning view before and it looks like it is a bit different from the 1st LV. couldnt get a LV after the pulls because the netbook battery died.:mad:

am i logging all the parameters that are needed?

6-11-09 uphill3rdgearpull.csv

6-11-09 5thgearcruise.csv

6-11-09 2nd5thgearcruise.csv

1250738724_6-11-200991713AM.jpg.f066b7af0b139869be587a03714e71da.jpg

Here is a quote from mickeyd2005 from another forum:

You need to put your resonator back on. The LGT intake tends to resonate at about 2600 rpm at high boost. This isn't a problem on the stock rom since it limits boost down low. It also isn't a problem with aftermarket turbos since you can't build boost at that low rpm. With an aggressive stage 1 or 2 tune, you can build 15-16 psi at 2600 rpm with no problem at all. This can cause your MAF to oscillate.

While this may be true, you shouldn't be at WOT or heavy throttle this low in 5th gear anyways. The the high load at low rpms is putting unnecessary stress on the motor.

While this may be true, you shouldn't be at WOT or heavy throttle this low in 5th gear anyways. The the high load at low rpms is putting unnecessary stress on the motor.

Infamous...are you saying that you shouldn't go WOT in 5th gear at 2600 RPM? That seems like a very typical highway cruising to passing maneuver.

Just clarifying.

Infamous...are you saying that you shouldn't go WOT in 5th gear at 2600 RPM? That seems like a very typical highway cruising to passing maneuver.

Just clarifying.

WOT? I have never felt the need to go WOT to pass in 5th, not even on the 30r. Maybe 50% but no more than that, if so your throttle settings need adjusting. The only time I am at WOT in 5th is at about 130mph :redface:

^ well i guess thats good to know if i ever need to pass at 130!:lol:

i did reinstall the silencer and reset the ecu from learning view and then drove about 5 miles on the freeway and pulled a screenshot. hope that was an okay thing to do. here is the screen.

there is also a log from the same drive.

266215926_6-12-200964123PM.jpg.8a5f9905d67309ec13f44a4f203320cc.jpg

6-12-2009 5thgearcruise.csv

Archived