LegacyGT.com

Maintenance Schedule?

Anyone have an online source with the maintenance schedule for the 2004 GT turbo models? A google search did not turn up anything. For those that do their own maintenance, do you change your spark plugs from above or below the vehicle? Is there easy access to the oil filter? What is the change interval on the cam belt? Like many manufacturers, Subaru seems to be moving away from a requirement to change the fuel filter, and incorporate the filter with the fuel pump inside the tank. Seems like asking for trouble, but most manufacturers seem to be taking this approach with their latest vehicles. What prevents the filter from getting plugged up? On another forum a STI owner had a bad tank of gas, got a plugged up filter, which necessitated spending $550 for a new filter/pump!

OK, just found the schedule at subaru.com. Duh. Surprised to see the same oil change schedule for turbo and non-turbo, at 7500 miles. It calls for inspection of the fuel filter (how??) on a regular interval, and recommends replacement if the vehicle is used in extremely cold or hot climates. Am wondering if the Legacy will actually have a fuel filter in the engine compartment, in addition to the one in the tank.

Other than photos, I have not yet seen the engine compartment on a GT Legacy, but it looks cramped. Is there access to the spark plugs from the top, or do you need to go underneath the car to change plugs? If so, not a problem going underneath, seeing as how the change interval will be 60,000 mi. But I do remember seeing reports that long plug change intervals were increasing the incidence of plugs frozen in the head.

[quote name='outahere'][quote name='agctr']All information is currently correct. In Oz terms its a service every 15K and cam @ 100K[/quote] You do your oil changes at 15K intervals? :o[/quote] I'm sure that's kilometers and not miles. Here in the US hardly anyone follows the owners manuel oil change schedule, I think it's 5k miles for the WRX but my dealer does it every 3,700 for free. The oil looks barely half discoloured when they change it so it would be a shame to toss it, perhaps they give it to the Chrysler dealer next door :D

Archived