LegacyGT.com

Top 10 Autoweek engines...

fzanetti

LOL thats a hard list to be on, I bet other than the honda engine and maybe fords also those all are a pretty penny, maybe if they were looking at engines that people actually had the money to aford we would see something like the subaru engine on there

Those are some pretty sophisticated engines on that list. Subaru tends to stick to tried and true technology so their engines are kind off dated compared to the ones on that list :)

Guest JessterCPA
The Viper V-10?? Really? Yes big HP numbers...but I think the LSx, the VQ37, or the new Hyundai Genesis V8 should make that list before the Viper.

The Viper V10 probably made it on it's new coaxial cam variable valve timing via pushrod setup.

Good to see the Porsche Boxer engine. The new ones with DI are supposed to be even better than the outgoing ones. Will be interesting to see how they combine DI with their variable geometry turbos.

The one I wish they had on the list, and one I would like to get to know more about... The VK50 Nissan/Infiniti V8 with VVEL, which is related to the 3.7 VVEL V6. I wonder if that beastie is worth more than 390hp, that they have in the FX50.

Although, for an engine to build a car around... I really would have loved to see what Subaru could have done with the EG33, if they had kept that up to date, and brought it into the present. I would love to have the skill to build a twin turbo mid-engined sports car around that engine, driving a transaxle and the rear wheels. But the more I think about it... I keep going back and forth to the Porsche Cayman S. Aside from some styling issues, it pretty much IS that car all wrapped up nicely for retail.

Archived