LegacyGT.com

No Crush washer on oil drain plug?

Jduke

Hey , Just did my first oil change on my 05 GT... bought a case of filters and crush washers. All was perfect untill I could not see any crush washer on the drain plug? I though maybe it was crushed and stuck on the bolt or the oil pan, but it was not there. Anyone else notice this? I checked both places very carefully several times and there was no washer there... Finished up without a new washer only becasue I still though there was a chance the old one was stuck on there either to the plug or the pan... no leakage problems so far... but do you think it came from the factory without a crush washer?

Thanks for your time.

John D.

The factory crush washer is painted black along with the drain bolt, so it might appear to be missing, when it in fact is there on the bolt. This happened to me when I first changed the oil. I then finally noticed it on the bolt. Took a bit of prying to get it off, too!

Yea... guess Ill have to wait till next oil change... I did try and pick and the edges with a thin flathead but did not see where something would come off. Nice to know its did most likely have one, and there is one on there now... should be fine till next oil change, reused a couple when i had my wrx with no problems...

John D.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Just get a fumoto valve and not have to worry about it.

I thought there were fitment problems with those on these cars :confused:

Archived