LegacyGT.com

Question on this cel code: P1153 - Front O2 Sensor Circuit Range/Performance (High)

c-lo

I get this code periodically when going up hills. usually just a blinking cruise. today a blinking cruise with the check engine light on.

After I cleared it I noticed when I started my car it idled pretty low. assume this is normal and the sensor needs to be replaced.

if not mistaken, this is behind the passenger side wheel well no? just remove the wheel well enclosure and how easy to replace? any special tools or steps needed to follow?

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

The Air Fuel sensor is on the exhaust, before the cat. Sometimes you can get to them from on top of the engine as it is located on that part of the exhaust on some of the cars is in the lower front of the motor. Some are under the car on the right hand side. You probably could get it through the wheel well.
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

• 2 months later...
so I'm getting this code again. time to replace this sensor. anyone know how much this part is?
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

I've had the issue for a while. when it through a code several months back I took it to my mechanic. he read it and came up with the same code.

each time I've read it with a reader it's been the same p1153 code.

is there something else I should be looking at?

just ordered from Ryan at Fred Beans!

anything special I need to do after I replace this thing?

Archived