LegacyGT.com

Rallitek Cylinder heads

I second the info on the LGT as far as being a push type, but i'm in the dark as far as a WRX of those years go. I'll bet a clutch/flywheel kit for a 06-07 WRX would work better than one for an LGT if whitetiger is right, seeing as the LGT has a dual mass flywheel and sucks.

Nathan, The crank to lever height is different between the 2 models. The only way to make it work is to swap out the transmission along with the clutch.

Sincerely, Evan Cline

Technical Coordinator-Aftermarket

www.exedyusa.com

Guess we know why you used to be a tech :lol:

thats why you swap clutch forks and throwout bearngs. Infact. before the selection of LGT clutches came upt, people were using 2.5rs kits. they were not strong enough though. And the guy from exedy is wrong. the kits will fit your car.

thats why you swap clutch forks and throwout bearngs. Infact. before the selection of LGT clutches came upt, people were using 2.5rs kits. they were not strong enough though. And the guy from exedy is wrong. the kits will fit your car.

here is proof of this.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=372072&postcount=41

this is way early before act made clutch kits for the LGT and 06-07 wrx. the SSB2-HDSS is actually for the 01 impreza 2.5RS

see it here http://www.advancedclutch.com/1418105/0/0/0/1999__IMPREZA_RS_H4_2.5L_N_FI_(EJ251).html

all of these clutches are push style and the only difference between the actual mt boxes will be the shift fork and TOB that is uses.

here is proof of this.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=372072&postcount=41

this is way early before act made clutch kits for the LGT and 06-07 wrx. the SSB2-HDSS is actually for the 01 impreza 2.5RS

see it here http://www.advancedclutch.com/1418105/0/0/0/1999__IMPREZA_RS_H4_2.5L_N_FI_(EJ251).html

all of these clutches are push style and the only difference between the actual mt boxes will be the shift fork and TOB that is uses.

You have a good point I always wondered if the RS line would at some point be compatible with the turbo line. My question is this if the na is push and the gt is pull why couldnt we just swap PP since the big difference is in the TOB and Fork??? the input shaft is the same b/c the splines are the same?????:eek:

You have a good point I always wondered if the RS line would at some point be compatible with the turbo line. My question is this if the na is push and the gt is pull why couldnt we just swap PP since the big difference is in the TOB and Fork??? the input shaft is the same b/c the splines are the same?????:eek:

THE GT IS A PUSH!!! I had my clutch out 4 times. Its a push style clutch.

here.if you read the link i postes you would see that the LGT clutch is push style

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=372072&postcount=41&highlight=push+style

The only SUbarus that are pull style are the 2.0L turbo in the WRX and the 6mt in the sti and 07-09 spec B. EVERY OTHER LATE MODEL SUBARU 5MT TRANS IS A PUSH STYLE CLUTCH SETUP. And that is why the 2.5i legacy can use the clutch kits meant for the 2.5rs impreza or 5mt LGT or 06+ WRX.

here.if you read the link i postes you would see that the LGT clutch is push style

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=372072&postcount=41&highlight=push+style

The only SUbarus that are pull style are the 2.0L turbo in the WRX and the 6mt in the sti and 07-09 spec B. EVERY OTHER LATE MODEL SUBARU 5MT TRANS IS A PUSH STYLE CLUTCH SETUP. And that is why the 2.5i legacy can use the clutch kits meant for the 2.5rs impreza or 5mt LGT or 06+ WRX.

Nice but i am curious as to why the techs for both exedy and act "have no kits for 2.5i" but i guess that b/c in 2005 the LGT wasnt a performance car :eek: and like today the 2.5i isnt either thanks for the clarity

because parts makers play it safe. if the clutch was not tested on the car in question, then they will say it wont fit, even if it actually does fit. I mean look at the ACT website. If you put in 05 LGT, nothing is listed but a 06 LGT has parts listed for it. Why? because ACT prolly never tested the clutch on a 05 LGT, but rather on a 06 LGT. Same goes for the 00-04 legacy. Its the same EXACT setup as the 99-01 2.5RS but yet, nothing is listed, but we know the parts fit.

because parts makers play it safe. if the clutch was not tested on the car in question, then they will say it wont fit, even if it actually does fit. I mean look at the ACT website. If you put in 05 LGT, nothing is listed but a 06 LGT has parts listed for it. Why? because ACT prolly never tested the clutch on a 05 LGT, but rather on a 06 LGT. Same goes for the 00-04 legacy. Its the same EXACT setup as the 99-01 2.5RS but yet, nothing is listed, but we know the parts fit.

Gottcha i guess you cant blame them but they should attempt to market to a larger crowd many a 2.5i owner would like a better clutch when the stock one wears out. So the TOB is the biggest difference right? either it is in the pp or not? The PP is PULLED to release or PUSHED to release no ?

its pushed to release. its a lever/fulcrum system with the pivot in the middle. the TOB goes up against the the spring fingers on the Preasure plate, and the clutch fork attaches toe the TOB. the diameter of the TOB maybe slightly differnent between models, and the for may be a slightly different shape, but the clutch kits i listed will work, even if you have to get a LGT clutch fork and TOB.

"

The legacy GT and the 06-up WRX use a push type clutch, however the crank to lever height is different than that of the 2.5i.

Sincerely, Evan Cline

Technical Coordinator-Aftermarket

www.exedyusa.com"

This is what I was getting the PP FW Clutch may be the same but the fork may be different like you said. but with that being said wouldn't it be as simple as using the LGT fork ?????

right, just a TOB an clutch fork swap would allow you to use LGT clutches. And just becuse the height is alittle different, does not mean your stock TOB and fork wont work either. the hydraulic cluth system self adjusts to clutch/PP assembly thikness. It sounds like you are taking EXEDY's word alittle to seriously without doing any research beyond what they tell you, especially when it seems like they have not even tried to fit a clutch to the 2.5i legacy.

Archived