LegacyGT.com

fit grille from 92-93 to 89-91?

hey guy... ive got a legacy wagon 91... wanna put a grill from 92 legacy... and later on make an own grill from that (just put the mesh in there etc)...

so far i thought the grill should fit there (even when the lights and bonnet are a bit different).... but somebody told me that it wont fit!

i still think it would fit...

google doesnt know the answer :)

could u guys help me?

It might not look right, but it seems that it might fit.

If not, you can make anything fit with a little "Persuasion" (AKA zip ties)

You could cut the horizontal bars out of the 92 grill, file down the rough edges, then paint the whole thing the same color as the body and screw the mesh into the back... I think that would look sweet.... Infact, I kinda want to do it myself now! ;)

It might not look right, but it seems that it might fit.

If not, you can make anything fit with a little "Persuasion" (AKA zip ties)

You could cut the horizontal bars out of the 92 grill, file down the rough edges, then paint the whole thing the same color as the body and screw the mesh into the back... I think that would look sweet.... Infact, I kinda want to do it myself now! ;)

thanks...

um honestly ive looked at the grill from 92 and i didnt realy know how to fit the mesh on it... if you could send me some picture from behind, then would be great...

The 90-91 and 92-94 grilles are not interchangeable.

Basically the whole front end is different, fenders, hood, bumper, head lights. So, making it fit wouldn't be possible.

The 90-91 and 92-94 grilles are not interchangeable.

Basically the whole front end is different, fenders, hood, bumper, head lights. So, making it fit wouldn't be possible.

hmm ok then :(

have u done your own grill or ur up on factory1 only?

anyway what about front bumper and sideskirts?

I've only just painted mine. You could tool around with one you can get on Ebay for like $10 if you want. A lot of people dremel out the middle fins, and replace it with a mesh. I don't really care for changing it around.

As far as bumpers and sides...pretty much impossible to find anything different than what was offered. The australian version Liberty RSturbo had some sort of sideskirts, but I wouldn't count on finding those kicking around.

Archived