LegacyGT.com

installation help??

tingtang

Nothing wrong with that price. What clutch and flywheel are you getting? And yeah, I knew you lived in Aurora and worked in Dillon or something. Would be quite the drive for me. Probably a 3 hour-ish round trip.
My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

Tingtang I know you've had this all planned out and you should have a very sweet set-up. However, I think you are really missing the boat by forgoing E85 up front. E85 would net you around 8% more whp and around 12% more tq. That is some damn cheap power for the money if you just pick up some bigger injectors and sell the 740's. Even the ~800cc modded stockers would give you the needed safety and head room.

Yes I know your mountain driving routine and I also take trips (working in Rifle, CO this Saturday) and even in winter. It's do-able. I've done it.

And for final motivation, if you stick with 91oct I don't think you'll be able to outrun me down the dragstrip. :p NOBODY wants to see a VF52 beat a HTA68 under any conditions!! However, if we both use E85 you'd blow me away... :mad:

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

^LOL.... i wouldnt mind getting blown away by a vf-52 on e85... i will eventually do e85... but im most likely only gonna have the map for drag days.... and possibly to pass emissions next year... i have no plans on runnin e85 as my daily driver... though i will admit it sounds tempting.... i just dont see myself getting full use of the power if im just cruising at 80mph going up and down the mountain.... but i dunno... maybe after i go e85 i might love it like the rest of you guys... lol... like they say... once you go e85 you never go back :lol: i will see what my IDC's are with his 91 tune... and if need be for me to go e85 i will sell these... and get something higher... maybe i should ask tommypenguin what IDC's hes seeing... i think he has 840cc modded injectors on e85 with my same turbo....

I just checked several logs and the most I hit is 87% IDC(709.92cc/min), generally I'm hitting 85% at redline, which equates to 693.6cc/min, keep in mind I'm hitting almost 24psi also I bet your target will be a little less than that, 740cc will be fine for this setup, but if you ever want to go bigger down the line you might need to upgrade fuel.

sweet... thanks!!! thats more reasuring... and yea.. i dont have the balls to boost as much as you :lol: i was thinkin 22psi on e85 max... and 18-19psi on pump... or whatever shamar will let me do... LOL... thanks for all the info again TP... and once i get everything installed and tuned we definitely need to compare rides :D

I just checked several logs and the most I hit is 87% IDC(709.92cc/min), generally I'm hitting 85% at redline, which equates to 693.6cc/min, keep in mind I'm hitting almost 24psi also I bet your target will be a little less than that, 740cc will be fine for this setup, but if you ever want to go bigger down the line you might need to upgrade fuel.

GREAT info, TP.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

You going to the SUBA meet on the 30th? I'll probably be heading down there. Apparently, there's going to be /A LOT/ of cars/people.
My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

Archived