LegacyGT.com

need some caliper help here....

c-lo

I'm fed up beyond belief. I'm trying to replace drivers side caliper. one of the piston seals is going bad. Car quest ordered the wrong caliper twice. both times for a 2.5i not the GT.

So i go elsewhere and order from Napa. I check the part number on line this morning and it comes up for a 2.5i!!!:mad:

tell me I'm crazy, part #: 22 01327L Reman Caliper.

not only that, but the casting of the caliper is different. my options are to have my mechanic tear this new one down (if it is the right one) and use the old caliper with the new pistons. OR use the new caliper that looks different.:mad:

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Why don't you just order the seal? I dunno if Subies are like that, but on my M3, you can order a seal kit for 20$. So you just pop the piston out with compressed air, replace the seal, and reinsert the piston.

You have to be carefull with NAPA's application charts. If you go in there and ask for NGK's for a EJ25 turbo you get N/A wide gap plugs.

I feel your pain. Hold off and get the correct part.

Are there any auto parts stores near you that specialize in import parts.

Why don't you just order the seal? I dunno if Subies are like that, but on my M3, you can order a seal kit for 20$. So you just pop the piston out with compressed air, replace the seal, and reinsert the piston.

x2.. don't they have a claiper rebuild kit for the LGT? I know they do for the STi brembos...

I"ve not been able to find one here in frederick yet. worst case I could ask my mechanic to tear down the rebuilt caliper for the pistons and seals and put them in my caliper and put my old in the rebuilt one I bought.

least that way I'd be able to get credit for the core.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Centric Part number:

Caliper Rebuild Kit 117.47015

You usually never have to replace the entire caliper unless the casting is cracked, the piston is damaged, or the caliper is rusted beyond all repair.

Johann @ Girodisc

pmed you!

c-lo

Centric Part number:

Caliper Rebuild Kit 117.47015

You usually never have to replace the entire caliper unless the casting is cracked, the piston is damaged, or the caliper is rusted beyond all repair.

Johann @ Girodisc

Archived