LegacyGT.com

02 intake ?

8-02GT

It depends on what you want. A tune will add a couple HP and a couple ft/lbs of torque at best, but the real gains come as a result of the tuner optimizing the setup. Overall performance will increase slightly, but is it worth the price for a car with only a cold air intake... That's up to you. The more mods your car has, the more a tune will help. If you plan on adding other mods to the car later on down the line, get those first then do the tune afterwards so the tuner can take into account all modifications when he does his tune.

Reputable tuners are a must as well, so shop around for a good one familiar with the LGT...

A couple of quick questions...

To get a 00-02 BE/BH L or BE/BH GT tuned, do we not need to have an aftermarket ECM/ECU?

Can the stock ECM/ECU be tuned by a tuning shop without it re-learning and going back to stock settings?

Sorry, its just that with my Neon and my Protege5, I had to get a completely new ECM so if the OEM ECM can be easily manipulated/tuned...this is a big bonus and something to look forward to as the modifications pile on.

Thanks!

Generally, you can just nab a piggy-back of your choice for your car and you should be able to tune your car however you'd like.
My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

Archived