LegacyGT.com

Koni Rear Ride Height Too High?

ecarse

I recently installed Koni adjustables on my '05 LGT sedan. With LGT.com's instructions and Crucial Racing's support, I cut, drilled and installed the front struts myself in my garage. I had a shop do the rear installation since I didn't have an impact wrench for the bottom bolt and couldn't muscle it off.

With the Konis in, the rear ride height is about 2" higher than pre-installation. (Front ride height is as stock.) I'm still using the stock springs, so the rear spring perches seem to be the culprit. Still, there doesn't seem to be an adjustment on the shocks to lower the rear perch and lower the body relative to the shock. There's just a metal ring on the shock body that the lower spring perch sits on, and that determines where the spring sits, with no obvious way to lower the perch to achieve the stock ride height.

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue? This really surprised me, as I figured the fronts took a bit of effort, but the rears should be bolt-ons. Then again, it's quite possible I'm just being a knucklehead and the shop or I missed something obvious.

:lol:

Yeah, one forum member installed the lower perches upside down and that results in Outback height in the rear. Apparently your shop did the same. Pretty retarded to do so, especially for a shop.

Y'know, I wondered about that when I took off the wheel and looked at the perches myself. Shop swore to me it's the only way they went on, but it did look odd.

Muchas gracias.

• 5 months later...
My 06 Legacy 2.5 Gt recently got Koni sport shocks installed. I also have the H & R springs my car was low before now its much higher. The rear is noticeable higher fronts like stock i feel. Is something wrong did the shop do something. Also i have and extra set of shock so if anyone's intrested email at vjpantaleo@aol.com

:lol:

Yeah, one forum member installed the lower perches upside down and that results in Outback height in the rear. Apparently your shop did the same. Pretty retarded to do so, especially for a shop.

When installing mine I did the same thing to one of them! Fortunately my "help" caught my mistake before we got it on the car! :lol: :lol:

Me too. I installed mine last month. After putting the rear lower perch on the shock, some little voice in my head told me it was wrong. Must've been recalling this post from a few months before! It almost seems the natrual tendency is to install them upside down.

Which way should these rings or couplers be facing.

Can someone show me a picture.

i dont have a pic but your rear perch (silver metal ring the spring sits on that slides around the shock) is sitting like this \_/ and it should be sitting like this /-\

i installed mine upside down a few months ago so i feel your pain.

Archived