LegacyGT.com

performance Auto Vs Manual

Because trolling in auto vs manual threads is fun!

Seriously, america's obsession with the auto is appalling.

Like all americans love autos. If you looks around most of the high end sports cars these days come with shifter paddles instead of a standard gear box aka ferrari, lambos, zhonda and many many more. But all the american high end cars still have the manual tranny with a clutch pedal.

Autos are liked in straight line racing for obvious reasons.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
*skips thread*

I'm gonna say it... And only because i know you americans looeeev your stupid f*ing auto's...

If you buy an auto, you are a muppet, and you fail. Enjoy your slush-box and your fail.

thanks for the troll ass response. FYI i purchased a 5EAT because it was the only LGT in my area for my price range that i was looking for. All other MTs were out of state and I don't have the right type of job to buy a new car. So if it makes you feel better deep down inside, yes i am a muppet and i will enjoy the hell out of my slush-box.

Now for all those who are actually really discussing performance between an MT and a 5EAT, would a stock MT RX-8 actually outrun a stock 5EAT. When i had my rx-8 i also had an accessport. I would record my 0-60 times to about 6.7 seconds, and usually no faster unless i really abused the clutch. Normal 1/4 mile times for these cars range from 14.5 to about 15.4 or higher.

thanks for the troll ass response. FYI i purchased a 5EAT because it was the only LGT in my area for my price range that i was looking for. All other MTs were out of state and I don't have the right type of job to buy a new car. So if it makes you feel better deep down inside, yes i am a muppet and i will enjoy the hell out of my slush-box.

Now for all those who are actually really discussing performance between an MT and a 5EAT, would a stock MT RX-8 actually outrun a stock 5EAT. When i had my rx-8 i also had an accessport. I would record my 0-60 times to about 6.7 seconds, and usually no faster unless i really abused the clutch. Normal 1/4 mile times for these cars range from 14.5 to about 15.4 or higher.

A 5eat should be a mid to high 14 second car. I have a ghetto stage two and i have taken mustang GTs from a roll and even more from a dig. So with 200 bucks in mods i can take cars that trap 100-102mph. My 0-60 time in mine if a brake boost to 3krpms is 4.9 seconds.

05gt I can smell your transmission burning from here. :lol:

maybe I'm just a slow driver or something.. my cobb stage 1 just feels slow to me.. and in ATL traffic I'm often kicked around on the road by suvs and kias etc. because I accelerate too slow to them.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

maybe I'm just a slow driver or something.. my cobb stage 1 just feels slow to me.. and in ATL traffic I'm often kicked around on the road by suvs and kias etc. because I accelerate too slow to them.

:lol:, if it blows up it blows up. I buy cars to drive them how i want too and i deal with the consequences as they come.

so im kinda new to the lgt scene. What can i do to increase the performance of my 5EAT without sacrificing reliability (transmission). I still have warranty on my car so what can i do to get a little more fun out of it without spending so much dough $$. Does removal of the exhaust silencer really make a differnece?

so im kinda new to the lgt scene. What can i do to increase the performance of my 5eat without sacrificing reliability (transmission). I still have warranty on my car so what can i do to get a little more fun out of it without spending so much dough $$. does removal of the exhaust silencer really make a differnece?

ummmmmmm no

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

its the cobb stage 1.

its not as aggresive as can be.

atl traffic? stop and go? heat soaking is prolly the culprit.

so im kinda new to the lgt scene. What can i do to increase the performance of my 5EAT without sacrificing reliability (transmission). I still have warranty on my car so what can i do to get a little more fun out of it without spending so much dough $$. Does removal of the exhaust silencer really make a differnece?

stage 1.

do a good fluid exchange instead of a drain and all should be fine.

at least mine has been. i have brake torqued a few times but thats it in the last 2.5 years.

ive got personal opinions about a stage 2 torque. imo. stay at stage 1 tq but go stage 2 top end.

I know its not aggressive as it could be, otherwise it would be cobb stage 2. But with an a/t I dont feel comfortable doing anything like that. tbh I am skeptical of the people here who have an ipt vb and are running more than stage 2. I always destroy transmissions.. I dont want to do it again.
"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

5EAT Top gear speeds (so far) @ 7000 rpm's:

1st gear = 42 mph

2nd gear = 65 mph

3rd gear = ?... I'll need my radar detector back before I dare attempt this on the road...

5EAT Top gear speeds (so far) @ 7000 rpm's:

1st gear = 42 mph

2nd gear = 65 mph

3rd gear = ?... I'll need my radar detector back before I dare attempt this on the road...

You don't have to test drive, just calculate to get the rough figures for 7000RPM:

http://www.bedug.com/pics/subaru_gear.gif

Figures in MPH for -09 cars in Europe.

Not corrected for tire deformation.

I didn't have the gear ratios for the GT easily accessible.

453747.png

You don't have to test drive, just calculate to get the rough figures for 7000RPM:

http://www.bedug.com/pics/subaru_gear.gif

Figures in MPH for -09 cars in Europe.

Not corrected for tire deformation.

I didn't have the gear ratios for the GT easily accessible.

1st is 37 or so

2nd is more like 62.

3rd is over 100. close to 105.

4th? dunno

fif...dunno

thats at the 6500 redline.

1st is 37 or so

2nd is more like 62.

3rd is over 100. close to 105.

4th? dunno

fif...dunno

thats at the 6500 redline.

you need to shift sooner. ;):lol:

good info tho.

If you think a torque converter doesn't swallow up power and thus has a worse transfer to the wheels when compared to an auto is obviously dilluting themselves. Consider the simple fact that the stock 5EAT is configured to have a stall of 3200-3400rpms. That's pretty high. So up to that point its a slopfest.

no anger here. just wanted to stress that no one has done the tests for hard evidence and proof.

some of the manual folk get upgraded clutches. no difference really.

IF a tuner hacked into the tcu a vb upgrade may be archaic. the line pressure should be able to be controlled by software.

check out the giac tip chip for the older b5 automatic s4's. same priciple.

Not true. If you think all the VB mod does is increase line pressure, then you obviously don't know how IPT mods the VB. A TCU hack would help, but the VB mod goes even beyond that.

Archived