LegacyGT.com

Lifting a Legacy

Do outback lifts work on legacy's?... does the suspension bolt up the same except with more lift

Yes i want to lift my 2.5i... i just don't know how to go about doing it. looking for 2" probably... depends what my best bang for the buck is.

Any information will help!

My subaru is never going to be a speed machine with the SOHC and no desire to dump 4k into turbo.

Thanks,

What year? Just bolt up Outback struts/shocks. You'll get somewhat bad camber (postive), so you may want to look into camber plates for front (or aftermarket camber bolts) and camber adjustable lateral links in the rear.

By not having the body lift you're car will have more ground clearance than an Outback (if you also put Outback size wheels - if you do so your speedo will be off). Just be aware of a compromise it will cause to the handling.

Find Outback Sedan suspension parts

http://deexboy.com/albums/album26/11_G.sized.jpg

:eek: that's exactly what i'm looking for! so that's just swapping out the shocks/struts with the outback ones?... this is good, mine are starting to go.... 108k on my 05 2.5i... used to be a business ladies car i believe... because the drivers door was the only one with wear on it... and it leans a little to the left when i sit in it it feels like lmao.

so, would it be more worth it to just get the OEM outback shocks/struts or go aftermarket?

I believe the OB has a "body lift" as well with spacers between the frame and body, so I don't think swapping just the suspension will get you as hight as a stock OB, but it will get you something.

I believe the OB has a "body lift" as well with spacers between the frame and body, so I don't think swapping just the suspension will get you as hight as a stock OB, but it will get you something.

It will give EXACTLY Outback height (disregarding tire size differences). The "body lift" does not lift the car, just fixes suspension geometry (and reduces ground clearance).

It will give EXACTLY Outback height (disregarding tire size differences). The "body lift" does not lift the car, just fixes suspension geometry (and reduces ground clearance).

I could get away with just the suspension swap over though, am i correct? that and an alignment to fix any camber issues... i'm assuming that it won't make it too bad to begin with...

Who cares how high your body is if your mechanics wont clear what your trying to go over.

So, i looked up the 05 outback size of the tires to be 225/60 R16s.... how much of a squeeze would it be to run 225/75 R16s, which equates out to a 2.7" taller tire so a radius of 1.35" my question is if i would come into contact with the front bumper or rear part of the fender... (Discoverer STTs :lol: )

yes i have found a set of mud tires that can potentially fit my subaru. otherwise General Grabber AT2s work... ha

Just get an outback.

Lifting a legacy is a sin. I used to have a lifted leggy and it failed HARD, I'm so glad i lowered it. If ride height is what you want, an outback is perfect for you!

Edit: Forgot to mention f'ing round with raising a legacy will ruin the suspension geometry and murder your grip. An outback is designed for the ride height and will be superior at said hight compared to a normal legacy. You could technically do an entire suspension swap, but why? It's like turboing an N/A legacy when you can buy a GT, it's just not worth it.

Just get an outback.

Lifting a legacy is a sin. I used to have a lifted leggy and it failed HARD, I'm so glad i lowered it. If ride height is what you want, an outback is perfect for you!

Edit: Forgot to mention f'ing round with raising a legacy will ruin the suspension geometry and murder your grip. An outback is designed for the ride height and will be superior at said hight compared to a normal legacy. You could technically do an entire suspension swap, but why? It's like turboing an N/A legacy when you can buy a GT, it's just not worth it.

the camber gets offset that much? you didn't try this with an 05 legacy... they make outback sedans but i already have mine and i'm not trading mine in.

• 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...

FYI- nothing has changed with the suspension yet... i have blown out 2 of the shocks so far :lol:

i'm rockin 235/60 R16s IFRC.

i was intending on buying outback drop coilover with camber adjustment, not run stock height on the outback. just to get a little lift out of it, and nobody has been able to tell me if this is fine or if it will even work. it should be getting new coilovers this winter or next spring if i can deal with having blown shocks that much longer.

Archived