LegacyGT.com

Horsepower/Torque Estimates??

So I don't have the money right now to get on a dyno, but I was wondering if anyone could throw some educated ballpark guesses at me as far as what they think my hp/torque numbers are like with the setup I currently have, which is as follows:

'05 LGT 5MT

Invidia catless UP

Invidia high flow catted DP

Perrin Mid and Y pipes

Avo mufflers

AEM CAI

Open source stage 2 custom e-tune from AWDtuning, PSI maxes at like 17

I would imagine i am in the neighborhood of 300 hp at the crank, but if anyone has any better guesses please let me know. Also, what would it take to get to 300 WHP? And what would 300 whp be at the crank?

250ish whp 300 whtq.. If you do some logging you can get a good idea of your whp/tq with the Airboy spreadsheet.

300 whp pretty much = new turbo and possibly supporting mods like injectors and fuel pump.

a vf52 should be able to crack 300whp but falls off up top.

if you want something that pulls to redline then you're better off looking at a 20g or something of a similar size.

300whp is around high 300s crank. depending on who you ask, and if they believe horsepower to wheels and crank is a percentage or a fixed loss amount...

it really doesnt matter what crank power is though.. unless you're going for bragging rights.

car for sale. PM me!

Your mods sound similar to mine. I'm getting 310 hp and 360 tq (both flywheel numbers) with this setup. Don't remember what my whp and wtq numbers are, dyno sheet is at home.

-Removed silencer

-Tune

-Catless UP & DP

-Perrin TMIC

-Stock exhaust past the DP

Your mods sound similar to mine. I'm getting 310 hp and 360 tq (both flywheel numbers) with this setup. Don't remember what my whp and wtq numbers are, dyno sheet is at home.

-Removed silencer

-Tune

-Catless UP & DP

-Perrin TMIC

-Stock exhaust past the DP

That doesn't sound too far off, but how are you calculating crank hp?

I am running an 05 LGT MT. with the following mods: Magnaflow exhaust, Perrin 1 piece uncatted downpipe, stainless uppipe, k&n drop in filter, and a stage 2 tune. I went to the dyno 2 weeks ago and ran a 261.35 awhp, 303.04 ft/lb torque, at 17.74 psi of boost

250ish whp 300 whtq.. If you do some logging you can get a good idea of your whp/tq with the Airboy spreadsheet.

300 whp pretty much = new turbo and possibly supporting mods like injectors and fuel pump.

Could you point me in the right direction to where this spreadsheet is?

That doesn't sound too far off, but how are you calculating crank hp?

I just took an assumption of a certain percent of power loss through the transmission. I calculated it a while ago, so I forget what the percent was. 17% maybe?

Archived