LegacyGT.com

Clutch Noise in 1st Gear

jtmvt

I just recently had Group-N motor and tranny mounts installed. Since I've had these put in, every now and then, I notice a dull clunking sound when I depress the clutch pedal to disengage the clutch in 1st gear. Anybody know what could be causing this? It seems to be an intermittent thing, not something I hear all the time.

I would look under the hood and fallow the clutch pedal lineage or cable and see if it comes close to anything. May be have some one push in the clutch pedal while you watch.

If your going to have high performance parts on your car, you may want to learn more about how it works and is put together. Knowledge is a good thing.

I see your from VT, lucky you. I spend my winter weekends at Okemo.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I would look under the hood and fallow the clutch pedal lineage or cable and see if it comes close to anything. May be have some one push in the clutch pedal while you watch.

If your going to have high performance parts on your car, you may want to learn more about how it works and is put together. Knowledge is a good thing.

I see your from VT, lucky you. I spend my winter weekends at Okemo.

Well that could be a possibility, but it would seem that I would get the noise in any gear if that was the case. I read a earlier post about someone who had a similar issue that was tire pressure related. It had to do something with the wheel/tire diameter and the transfer of rotation through the clutch/tranny/diffs to the wheels. Not something one would normally think could have an effect, but I bumped mine up slightly keeping the recommended 2 psi front to rear bias...haven't noticed it since, but again, its intermittent, so time will tell if this solves it.

Archived