LegacyGT.com

Soap in my Intercooler - Really

FPerron

That's right, I think. I did a little maintenance to the car yesterday. Changed the oil and filter...a few other thihgs. This morning, I took the car out and it started bucking under acceleration - no CEL. I was racking my brain about what I could have done, and then I remembered that I had washed my AEM intake filter. I shook as much water as I could off it and set it in the sun to dry. Then it started to rain, so I reinstalled it before it was completely dry. Does it make sense that the bucking was caused by water being sucked out of the filter element and into the intake?

Anything is possible. Was it fuel cut or just a momentary buck? Go over everything you touched yesterday, maybe you disturbed something you didn't mean to. Check for codes anyway even if you have no cel.

I really didn't touch anything up top except for the oil cap. I should mention that I removed the front bumper cover and removed the bumper beam. That's how I got to the air filter - while I had the bumper cover off. Removing the bumper beam shouldn't affect anything, right?

I pulled the bumper cover to get at the bumper beam - part of my campaign to lighten the car for the track. I didn't touch the intake or the MAF sensor since I was able to remove the filter from below.

The water could cause it to buck and hesitate. This happened to me on another car with a CAI after taking it through the car-wash. It should be fine once the filter is dry, but then again, it should've dried itself in seconds once you started driving. Take the filter off and see if it still bucks and hesitates.

Check the connection on your coil packs on that side. It's just a clip that holds it on. Stat the car and while it's idling just wiggle the clip. If it smooths out, you'll know that's what happened. Apparently, its kind of a common problem with our cars.

Fat people are hard to kidnap!!!

Well, I took the car out again and drove it easily for a while. When I punched it after that, the miss was gone. Guess it was residual water soaked into the filter. Apparently, it doesn't take much. Thanks for all the good input.

Archived