LegacyGT.com

Son Of A Bi**h!! Car Wash Scratches!!!pics!

Alex1

WTF i went to WASH WORLD in needham or mabye its newton or somewhere... and i get home and see two scratche one 4 incha dn one 6 inch on my hood!! wtf i cant feel them with mny finger or finger nail but i can see them !! this is total Bullshit, should i go back right now and talk to the manager or what?!?! this is fucking BULLSHIT!! 2 weeks old

http://www.cardomain.com/id/05legacygt

i took pics go to my car domain cuz i cant host them here i dont know how

-A

I would go back asap to talk to the manager. Try and calm down and act professional when you go though. If its any consolation, it sounds like the scratches will be easy to buff out so if he doesn't help you, it shouldn't cost much to fix.
.o0O0o.

In regards to posting pictures here are a couple ways built into the forums. The first way is to simply attach files. When creating a msg scroll down to the "Additional Options" section and click the "Manage Attachments" button. You will get a popup window in which you will browse for the pictures you want to attach. Once you have browsed for them all, click the "Upload" button. If all goes well they will attach themselves and you can close the popup window. *Note, the attached files have to be of file type *.doc, *.gif, *.jpg, *.pdf, *.png or *.psd and must be less than 160.2Kb in file size and 800x600 pixels or less for pictures.

The second method is to click on the "Insert Image" icon in the message window. This will spawn a popup window where you will input the site location of the image you want to embed in your message, like this...

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/8/web/788000-788999/788950_16_full.jpg

To find the address of the image you want to embed, right click on it, goto properties, in the properties dialog box that spawns there is an "Address" field, this is what you want to copy and paste as the location! :D

Images1.gif.ed8a9375e6d5c04abb4871b9fc9c4ebf.gif

Images2.gif.758cce26798ed100ec48d33f45271f88.gif

Images3.gif.1b36af21c11e02d440371544e797126b.gif

.o0O0o.

thanks ellivnad for the write up

no its not a touchless.. its cloth wit hthose big spinny things and everything... i just tried calling them twice and there not picking up, should i drive over? or hwat?

thanks ellivnad for the write up

no its not a touchless.. its cloth wit hthose big spinny things and everything... i just tried calling them twice and there not picking up, should i drive over? or hwat?

NEVER take your car to a car wash that isn't touchless. Think about how many cars go thru there and how much crap those brushes/clothes pick up. This is why you don't hand wash your car with the same cloth/sponge you wash your wheels with.

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

I would. Unless there is a sign stating that your car may be damaged by this carwash, I would thing they would be liable for the damages.

If anything at least a lesson might be learned. Don't use that type of car wash. Its touchless or hand wash for me :D

.o0O0o.

u should talk to them today, otherwise they may deny any responsibility...

edit: if it's one of those self-service things then you probably won't get thing from them... coz it's kinda expected...

This Space For Rent

u should talk to them today, otherwise they may deny any responsibility...

Unfortuneatly, he left the property (rightfully, cause he didn't see them till he got home), but don't count on the wash to take responsibility. Sucks, but that is likely gonna be the case. Prove the scratches weren't their before hand.

2 weeks old, havent ever taken it to a car wash, clean it myself, the hoold was clean before the carwash without scratches and comes out with scratches... thats how ill prove it

alright im going to call again and go over... this is such BS, asl im getting crappy gas milage its pathetic, i get like 50 miles very quarter tank...

-a

2 weeks old, havent ever taken it to a car wash, clean it myself, the hoold was clean before the carwash without scratches and comes out with scratches... thats how ill prove it

alright im going to call again and go over... this is such BS, asl im getting crappy gas milage its pathetic, i get like 50 miles very quarter tank...

-a

Car runs rich off the shelf to protect it from abuse. It will get better.

boxer thank and everyone else too

yeah this really sucks the woman told me that "they guy who deals with this stuff will be in on wednesday, so he will call you"

WTF will they be liable or what??

Scratches from car washes can likely be polished out. If they find that they are scratches consistent with what kind of damage those carwashes are known to make, then they'll probably just have someone buff them out and install some custom holograms in your clear coat. This is exactly why I stay so busy in the summer. People go in there to save time and money and then they come out with more damage than they went in with. On a brand new car it will be easier to prove that they caused it, but most of the time they'll say there is no way of knowing if those scratches were there before.

A light polishing compound usually takes those types of scratches out. If its something that you can feel with your fingernail then it might take a little bit more. You can try using something like Meguiar's #9 Swirl Mark Remover or even treat the scratches individually with Meguiar's ScratchX. It would be easiest to have someone polish them out with a machine though. Whatever you do, don't let them or the dealership ever touch your car. Dealerships usually have detailers who can't get a job anywhere else. Swirls and buffer burn are their specialties. Take it to a shop you can get a good referal for. Then send the bill to the car wash.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

boxer thank and everyone else too

yeah this really sucks the woman told me that "they guy who deals with this stuff will be in on wednesday, so he will call you"

WTF will they be liable or what??

go in with your parents and have the woman write down everything.

This Space For Rent

My car has a few swirl marks from going to Octopus car wash last fall. I think it was the crappy towels they use to dry the car. Ever since then I've been washing my car at the manual car washes or the touchless automatic ones and I dry the car myself (or on the highway). If they're just surface scratches, just use a polish and you should be good.

ok well they def are just surface, cuz i cant even feel them with my finger nail, so i guess is it iok if i just polish those scratches?

i went and the women said the guys wouldnt be on in wednesday... and theres nothing like to write down apparently, she didnt even give two shits she was young and tells me to pull it around, takes one look.. and shes like yah theres nothing i can do so she got my name and number and said hed call me...

ill just do this myself, someone gimme a good product and proper use instructions lol

thanks

-a

Alex,

Sorry to hear about the scratches. But, like was said previously, if you're still in the phase of ownership where you're worried about how the car looks I would advise against taking it to a car wash where anything contacts the surface of the car.

Also, I don't know as you'll get much out of the car wash folks. It sounds like the "come back Wednesday" line is just a tactic to string you out and get you to give up. I wouldn't be surprised if they have some fine print somewhere, like on the back of your receipt, that says they're not liable for any damage to your vehicle. You could fight them on it but it'll probably be less effort to just clean it up yourself and consider it wisdom gained.

My suggestion for keeping the car looking partially clean in this climate is to find one of those hand car washes with the spray wand. I use that on the low pressure setting just to get the sand and salt off and to clean out the wheel wells. I just let it air dry after that. You'll get some minor spotting but if you take a towel to the car when it isn't really clean you'll just be sanding down your finish.

Best of luck...

Archived