LegacyGT.com

Sway Bar Settings - Assistance Pls

jeguzik

I am installing a set of Progress 22mm sways front and rear on a Spec.B with Rallitek springs. What is the recommended settings front and rear for sway bars? I prefer safety first, but would like neutral handling vehicle. The sway bars have two settings stiff or soft for both the front and rear. Help please I am installing now. :confused:

J

I have the Perrin 22 mm front and rear sways with the Perrin endlinks. The front is on firm and the rear is on soft. That was the recommendation from the Subaru speed shop I used for installation (Zen motors Duluth GA)

I am using Yokohama AD07 Summer tires 235/40/17.

I've tested the car on autocross runs stock and with the new tires and sways. Stock had horrible understeer. The new settings made the car mostly neutral. In the long left sweaper turn, I pushed the car faster and faster until I had oversteer and spun the car 90 degrees.

I have the Perrin 22 mm front and rear sways with the Perrin endlinks. The front is on firm and the rear is on soft. That was the recommendation from the Subaru speed shop I used for installation (Zen motors Duluth GA)

I am using Yokohama AD07 Summer tires 235/40/17.

I've tested the car on autocross runs stock and with the new tires and sways. Stock had horrible understeer. The new settings made the car mostly neutral. In the long left sweaper turn, I pushed the car faster and faster until I had oversteer and spun the car 90 degrees.

Same set up here, set the front on firm and rear on soft until you get used to how it handles. Setting the rear too stiff could cause some oversteer that you may not be ready for.

I set the front to soft and the rear to firm, it was the recommendation of one of the Guys at progress. I have not gotten into any twisties yet, but when I do I will let you know how it goes. The one on ramp I did hit it felt very neutral, but then again I was not pushing it.

I have 22mm Perrins set to max stiff front and back. Car doesnt understeer, and so far i dont feel it oversteering when pushing it. Maybe its because of my summer RE-01r tires??

Archived