LegacyGT.com

05 -> 08 cluster gauge swap.. possible?

I agree the 05 cluster is WAY better than yours. :D

however.. the cluster is probably not directly compatible.

what I wonder tho.. isi f you could buy an 05 cluster and take apart the display face and put it on yours perhaps?

that way the backend of yours is stillt he same.. but the front end looks different. similar to what other modders do on other vehicles with white face gauges and custom back lighting.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

haha, thnx.

Yea I hope that turns out well. It might be costly but pioneering such a project would be great for other owners. I was disappointed when they got rid of the 05 GT style cluster for the more.. general motors look of the newer ones.

one thing ot mention, some of the display lights in the 08s like the tire pressure notification does not exist on the 05s. Also the si drive and all doesnt so the LCD display in the cluster may be in a different location. Also with the 05 cluster for automatics the gear # you're in is displaued in its own display.. I think on newer ones the gear is displayed in the LCD right?

I guess the 1st thing to do is to take a good long look at the differences between the 2.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

I used to think that the 05 clusters were better, but when I sat down and drove one of the '07-09's I changed my mind. IMO it's a much nicer, more grown up, less boy-racerish cluster. Just my opinion though.

I don't know about 05 and 08, but it seems that 05 2.5i and 05 GT clusters are interchangeable. I believe a member in Canada attempted in the past and confirmed it to work.

I don't remember, but I don't think the cluster is tied to immobilizer. It's the BIU and ECU (and keys) that are married.

I used to think that the 05 clusters were better, but when I sat down and drove one of the '07-09's I changed my mind. IMO it's a much nicer, more grown up, less boy-racerish cluster. Just my opinion though.

Don't forget the OP is comparing the plain 2.5i cluster to the electroluminescent GT's cluster.

so a clearly indicated electroluminescent gauge cluster that doesn't look like a general motors pickup cluster is "boy racer?"

I guess you'd rather have the giant numbers and plain white lettering like the camry?

The red trim ring matches the red interior lighting.. the sweep tests to make sure the needles aren't obstructed and has actually been copied by acura as well in the RDX I know. I guess those are for boy-racer suv owners eh?

so a clearly indicated electroluminescent gauge cluster that doesn't look like a general motors pickup cluster is "boy racer?"

I guess you'd rather have the giant numbers and plain white lettering like the camry?

The red trim ring matches the red interior lighting.. the sweep tests to make sure the needles aren't obstructed and has actually been copied by acura as well in the RDX I know. I guess those are for boy-racer suv owners eh?

The '07-'09 LGT clusters have all of those features as well, but Subaru changed them slightly from the '05-'06 models.

you keep teling yourself that :)

the 05-06 clusters are much nicer IMO. my blinking ring around my gas guage when i'm running low is awesome!:cool:

haha you guys are funny, does anyone know where the thread (if there is one) of that canadian guy who did this? annnddd just as an update i've checked 2 junk yards still got 5 million to go lol cant crash with a subie =]

Archived